Cooking anything fun for Mother's Day?
May 11, 2018 04:17PM
Perhaps you are one of the people who will be hoping to get something nice cooked for them on Mother's Day, but if not - any interesting food planned? I will be having my mother over for lunch and I plan to make a Swedish sandwich cake (smorgastarta). I'm sure I got the idea from a post here, but if so I can't find it now. I'm also planning to make a Cornish saffron cake - my mother, who just turned eighty, recently returned from a trip to Iran and brought me back heaps of saffron. What a luxury flinging saffron around without worrying about the cost.
Re: Cooking anything fun for Mother's Day?
May 13, 2018 12:31AM
Im off to Soul in the viaduct for their Mothers Day set menu. Im not normally a set menu kind of girl but its whats on offer today. Im looking forward to dressing up, having a glass of bubbles and enjoying my food without rushing and dealing with kids.
Im hoping for something like duck/pork belly ect, hopefully its not all "ladies salads" type of thing. ;-)

Vanessa
May 13, 2018 02:05AM
The Swedish sandwich cake sounded so interesting that I had to find out more. It sounds and looks so delicious. Having a grandmother who's parents came from Cornwall I looked at the Cornish saffron cake. I was curious about the Cornish using saffron, then saw where they used to trade their tin for saffron (plus a whole lot more!) What an interesting time you will be having today.
Lucky you, Vanessa and I had to smile about comment about "ladies salads" type of thing.
I had my celebration dinner last night at one of my favourite local restaurants. They were very busy but are consistently good and I imagine it will be the same for both lunch and dinner today.
May 15, 2018 02:28PM
I hope you both had lovely celebrations! My mother refuses to let me take her out for Mother's Day so it has to be very secret squirrel at homesmiling smiley. In the end I was actually sick so we had to push it back a week so I will be grappling with my sandwich cake this weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.