Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Slowcooked/pulled pork ideas

Posted by Vanessa45 
Slowcooked/pulled pork ideas
August 08, 2018 10:24AM
Ive got a HUNK of pork slow cooking in my oven at the moment. Im expecting it to be melt in your mouth and able to be shredded/pulled for use later in the week in wraps, tacos, with salad for a very relaxed and in no way traditional Mexican style feast.

Im cooking it with flavours - onion, garlic, carrots so the kids can enjoy some without the heat.

What Im after is and amazing deep and spicy sauce recipe to add to the pork so it spends some time soaking up the flavours.

I do have a small pot of La Morena chipotle peppers with adobo sauce but not enough for the large hunk of pork. What can I add to it?

Id love your ideas

Vanessa
Re: Slowcooked/pulled pork ideas
August 09, 2018 02:44AM
This looks quite good, you can buy liquid smoke at the supermarket quite easily now.

[tamiskitchentabletalk.blogspot.com]
August 09, 2018 10:39PM
Danube, I can't access that web-link you've posted. It opens the page then almost immediately switches to another page, blank and black, called widgetserver.com I've logged into Pinterest and tried searching through there, but no luck. Can you put the name of the actual recipe in a post please, so that I can search for it on Pinterest.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2018 10:56PM by Lorna.
August 09, 2018 11:25PM
Its on a blog site called Tami's Kitchen Table Talk and the recipe is Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce.
I've added the recipe below, let me know if its not allowed Helen and I'll delete it. (I'm never sure of the rules)

Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
from user BiggerPiggyBank@Budget101 forums
my version in bold text

1/2 lg onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped - I used 4 tsp minced garlic
2 c ketchup
1/3 c vinegar
1/4 c worcestershire sauce
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
3/4 c molasses
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp salt
1/4 c tomato paste
2 tsp liquid smoke - I used mesquite flavor
1/2 ts tabasco sauce, to taste - I used 2 tbsp
Burbon or whiskey -- to taste - I used 2 tbsp Jack Daniels Whiskey

(In my own words) Combine onion, garlic and whiskey frying pan. Saute onions and garlic.
Combine remaining ingredients, bring to boil, and then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This recipe makes 4 cups. I doubled this recipe and used all of it to cover the pulled pork.

Before serving, spoon approximately half of pulled pork into another container to use for another meal. Can be frozen in a tightly sealed container.
August 10, 2018 11:10PM
Yes BBQ smoke, that a great idea.
Thanks
Vanessa
August 11, 2018 02:22AM
Thank you Danube. Not quite what I was expecting but sounds delicious. I was thinking it might have been a tasty recipe for crockpot pork.
August 11, 2018 04:58AM
Hi Lorna, actually the whole recipe sort of was crockpot pork except that she cooks the pork long and slow by itself then adds this sauce at the end which was sort of what Vanessa was looking for. I think you could put this sauce in with the pork for the whole cooking time and it would come out pretty well though don't you? Strange the page won't come up for you, I left it up on a tab to type up the recipe here, when I went back to it, it was gone to that wigetserver page you got. I could go back and refresh it to get it back though. Maybe try a different search engine - I was on firefox.
August 11, 2018 06:39AM
Try a Mexican mole sauce such as this: [www.bbcgoodfood.com]
I haven't made this one but it sounds very similar to the last one I made but now can't find the recipe for. I don't mix all the pork and sauce together but rather just use what I need of each for a meal, then freeze any leftover meat and the sauce separately. A great standby for when you want a quick and easy and tasty dinner night
Lynne2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.