Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Vegan help please

Posted by Janet or Emma 
Vegan help please
December 02, 2018 07:31AM
I need some inspiration. Any ideas for a vegan Christmas breakfast? I was hoping to have croissants and not have to cook breakfast, but efforts to create vegan croissants have been dismal! I’d love something delicious and easy, that can preferably be pre prepared. Thanks, Janet
Re: Vegan help please
December 02, 2018 07:37AM
Instead of croissants you could make focaccia or pide. Just as delicious if you use really good quality olive oil.
December 02, 2018 08:59AM
What about doing a vegan bircher muesli parfait? Make your bircher with coconut yogurt and almond milk (or similar), top with whipped coconut cream, fresh fruit and nuts (cherries and almonds would be nice and Christmasy). Could be largely done ahead and just topped with the coconut cream/fruit/nuts in the morning.
December 02, 2018 09:30AM
How about
*Chia pots with berries and coconut yoghurt.
* Toasted baguette slices rubbed with Olive oil and garlic and covered with tomato and basil.
*smoothie bowls decorated with berries, coconut and cacao nibs.
*avocado and cacao mousse pots
December 02, 2018 10:45AM
Great ideas, thanks.
December 03, 2018 12:33AM
I have recently found out that some vegans won't eat food which contains honey so check before you make. I have often used honey as a sweetener.
December 03, 2018 12:34PM
Replace honey with maple syrup (the real stuff) or brown rice syrup.
December 03, 2018 11:52PM
To accommodate a vegan guest must pose quite a challenge. As someone who from choice does not cook red meat and pork at home and doesn’t order this type of meat when eating out, I will eat as a guest whatever is put in front of me. Friends who know what we eat or don’t eat cook chicken or fish when we are invited. If people invite us and who don’t really know us well, it would not occur to me to mention it. Genuine allergies are of course a different matter.
December 04, 2018 09:19AM
Janet or Emma are you in auckland? If so Tart bakery sells vegan croissants according to google. You maybe able to freeze some.
December 07, 2018 09:41PM
I have a granddaughter who is vegan so won’t even have dairy products & she comes every Monday night for dinner, such a challenge. Mostly I serve roast veggies with lots of greens from my garden. Not breakfast I know but I also have her family & I don’t have time to prepare two different meals. She is full & happy. Breakfast she has smoothies, not what you want so really I am no help. Sorry.
December 15, 2018 12:41AM
THanks for all the suggestions. Seasons greetings to everyone.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.