Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Sunbeam Heatsoft Hand Mixer

Posted by Jacki1 
Sunbeam Heatsoft Hand Mixer
July 31, 2019 03:36AM
Has anyone got one of these? [www.farmers.co.nz]

There's also a Breville one but I'm not sure if that is available in NZ.

I love the idea of it but if I am creaming butter and sugar, I would usually be using a stand mixer - not sure if I would use a handheld for that. Has anyone got one and can tell us what they think?

Twice Cooked
[www.twicecooked.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2019 03:38AM by Jacki1.
Re: Sunbeam Heatsoft Hand Mixer
July 31, 2019 03:57AM
My concern would that it could overheat the butter.
July 31, 2019 10:47AM
Choice, which is Australia's equivalent of Consumer, gives it a favourable report: [www.choice.com.au]
I'm a big fan of Sunbeam appliances - always well made and reliable and if I didn't already own 2 hand-held mixers which I do use for baking, I'd be seriously tempted to buy one of these. (A stand mixer will have to wait until I win Lotto and can afford a new kitchen with decent bench space and storage.)
Lynne2
July 31, 2019 11:31PM
Having watched the video, I'm a bit suspicious about how long they say it takes to soften the butter. The video starts, the butter is seen briefly sitting on top of the flour, next it's completely mixed in and the batter looks fluffy and soft.

Having said that, I have a basic Kenwood hand beater (about 20 years old) that does a very good job when I stand the mixing bowl in another bowl of warm water. I have to be careful to remove the mixing bowl from the water before it gets too warm and melts the butter rather than just softening it. It's a fine balancing act, because the bowl remains warm for some time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.