Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Stick Blenders

Posted by Stephanie D 
Re: Stick Blenders
August 11, 2019 11:21PM
I've got 2 sorry as just can't separate them.
I love having a kitchen aid cake mixer, the thought of creaming butter and sugar by hand is way too overwhelming. haha.
The other is my magimix food processor. I just don't know what I would do without it.
August 12, 2019 02:38AM
I threw my mandolin away as I was always terrified of it and I knew I'd get rid of it when I had an accident with it so I cut out the middlemansmiling smiley. I've never found a stick blender can stand up to what I want it to do so it's the food processor for me - mine has three bowls so the small one is like using a stick blender and as I use it most days it sits on the bench. However, the appliance that's changed my cooking the most is the electric wok. I have an electric hob which is sooooo slow compared to the speed at which the electric wok heats up, and it's got a 7 litre capacity so you can cook big quantities in it. We eat mostly one pot meals and so I use it for almost everything including soups. As a result I only have one saucepan, for boiling pasta and eggs.
August 12, 2019 02:55AM
Lorna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mine is a Borner, a German brand, which I bought
> at the Auckland Food Show around 20 years ago.
> It's still going strong, and I purchased a couple
> of extra blades to give me the full set which
> means I can slice from very fine julienne strips
> right up to chunky potato chip size. I also
> bought the Borner fancy cutter with which I can
> cut lattice, crinkle or spiral shapes. They are
> also available in some kitchen shops around NZ but
> I like browsing the Kitchen Adventures website
> (the company that exhibits at the food and home
> shows round the country), because they've got lots
> of other interesting kitchen stuff, too.

that’s the one I had. I also bought it at the Food Show and was impressed with what it did. I always used the guard. I cut myself badly when a V cutter was stuck and I pulled hard to get it out. I still get wobbly knees when I think about. It, hence my reluctance to use the o e I bought ages ago. The holder with the spikes is useless and it w ould be safer to use it without, alas...

> [www.kitchenadventures.co.nz]
August 12, 2019 07:07AM
If anyone happens to be interested in the Borner slicer, TreatMe have them on sale at the moment
[shopping.treatme.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2019 07:08AM by Irene Field.
November 11, 2019 01:31AM
November 11, 2019 01:32AM
Answer 30
November 11, 2019 05:57AM
Kathy are you trying to ask a question or need an answer?If so,where you have answered the math question just type what you would like.
November 20, 2019 11:26AM
I love my stick blender too as well as my spiral peeler and grater in one. It takes up no space and can peel a carrot as well as make spirals/strips. Its grate LOL for courgettes too

Another thing that gets use daily is my sandwich press - I cook lots on it from sausages, bacon, eggs, toasted sandwiches, pancakes, wraps, fish fingers - its awesome. I think Im onto number 3, not because its broken down but more up grading as its got a bit grubby with so much use.

Least used - ice cream maker, dehydrator or pizza stone

Vanessa
November 26, 2019 03:52AM
I do use my stick blender and my processor a lot but the appliance I use every day is my air fryer. tome its the vest ting to have in your kitchen since sliced bread
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.