Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Random Act of Sweetness

Posted by helen 
Random Act of Sweetness
November 05, 2019 10:39AM
For the month of November we are running a Random Act Of Sweetness Campaign, whereby people are encouraged to bake/create sweet treats and gift them to someone else.
To be in the draw to win one of our fabulous prizes - and they are fabulous, all you need to do is post a pic on social media with the hashtag #rRandomActOfSweetness
It is all about sharing the love with the chance of a random gift coming back to you.
Prizes include a free standing Breville cake mixer.
My teens and their friends are excited so hopefully it encourages them into the kitchen to think of others.
There are more details on Random Act Of Sweetness

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 10:42AM by helen.
Re: Random Act of Sweetness
November 05, 2019 07:17PM
That is so nice - it is lovely when teens get excited about doing something for others.
November 05, 2019 10:59PM
Have sent this to one of my (step) grandaughters in Chch. We gave her Magnolia Kitchen for her last birthday!
November 05, 2019 11:52PM
Oh that is a good idea, my 14yr old grand daughter wants to do it, thanks
November 06, 2019 02:40AM
Oh lovely to hear.
Don't forget too that you don't have to be a teen to enter - it is open to anyone!

My teens (who obviously will not be winning prizes) are going to take some baking to our local fire brigade this afternoon.
They were completely immersed in the Sky city fire and then last night had to fight the blaze at Mt Wellington - fireworks related.
I know that they are paid but we are grateful for having them!
November 06, 2019 07:51PM
I love random acts of kindness, seeing the look of surprise on peoples' faces. Do hope this is a successful campaign.
November 06, 2019 07:57PM
Hi Helen, hate admitting this, but I am not that media savvy, don't have twitter or Instagram, just facebook, can I post it on there??
November 06, 2019 11:43PM
Hi Annie, I don't do twitter either.
Facebook is great.
All you need is to bake, gift and take a pic, hopefully in context of the giving.
Post it on your facebook page and say whatever you want to say and then post this hashtag #randomactofsweetness
that way when we do prize draws we can find you. It is probably helpful to also put in #foodloversnz as then it is even easier to find you.
So you just write those hashtags in where the text goes with whatever else you are writing.
Make sense?
November 06, 2019 11:44PM
Jemima (16) baked tan square for our local fire brigade yesterday.
They were delighted. smiling smiley
November 07, 2019 08:15PM
Thanks Helen for your very good explanation.
November 12, 2019 09:38PM
If I haven't liked or commented on your Random Act of Sweetness post it means that I haven't seen it so please do let me know if I have missed it.
Hoping to see lots more posts in the next few days. smiling smiley
My next sweetness gift goes to our rubbish collectors, they do a great job and one that many of us wouldn't like to do.
November 25, 2019 05:25AM
5 days left of this.
If you have posted and I haven't liked or commented then please let me know as I may have missed seeing it. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.