Pen
Alison Holst Zucchini Quiche
February 02, 2020 12:20AM
I make Alison Holst’s Zucchini Quiche often, but all my recipe books are in storage after selling our house. Just wondering if anyone has this recipe - I think it is in her No.10 or 11 Diary - could also be called ‘Easy Zucchini Pie’. I would be most grateful if someone could help with the recipe. Thank you.
Re: Alison Holst Zucchini Quiche
February 02, 2020 01:55AM
Pen, I have the recipe from Diary 11 and I will send it to you shortly in Private Messages because I think it will still be under Copyright.
Regards,
Dawn.
February 02, 2020 03:58AM
Found this on line by a blogger, is this it?
Easy Zucchini Pie
This is an oldie but a goodie, based on a recipe by Alison Holst. My favourite celebrity chef. Our family of five eats one-and-a-half times this recipe, and I've put that amount in square brackets in the ingredients list.

3 cups grated zucchini (this is between 4 and 6 zucchini, depending on their size)[1.5 cups]
1 onion, chopped
4 eggs [6 eggs]
1-and-a-half [2-and-a-quarter] cups grated cheese, plus a bit extra for sprinkling on top.
half a teaspoon salt
3/4 cup self-raising flour* [one-and-an-eighth]
pepper
fresh herbs (optional)
tomato slices (optional)

Put zucchini, onion, eggs, cheese and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork.

Add flour, pepper and herbs. Pour mixture into a baking dish (an oblong earthenware one, or a round one like a pie dish). Don't fill too high - not more than three-quarters up the sides of the dish. Top with sliced tomatoes and grated cheese.

Bake at 200 deg Celsius for 25-40 minutes, until the centre feels firm and the top has browned slightly. Stand 5 minutes before cutting into pieces.

Variations: instead of zucchini, use:
- cooked diced pumpkin
- cooked, chopped spinach
- grated carrot
- tinned tuna (drained)

*to make self-raising flour, add 1 teaspoon of baking powder to each cup of flour. So, here, add 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the flour.
Pen
February 03, 2020 09:19AM
Thanks so much Danube - kind of you to look that up for me - very similar to the one Dawn sent me.
Regards Pen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.