Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Muffin Baking with Paper Cases that cling!!!

Posted by Olive Sprogg 
Muffin Baking with Paper Cases that cling!!!
March 14, 2020 04:23AM
I have an annoying muffin and cupcake baking problem. I can’t find good paper cases that do not stick! I just took some large bran muffins out of the oven. left them to cool, then tried one for lunch. Lovely, except that half the muffin stayed on the paper case when I tried to remove it. This never used to happen. The brand is MULTIX. Yes admittedly, a cheaper product. Has anybody else had the same issue and found a better brand? i would love to know. I do quite often use my silicone cases which do not need a paper case, but when cooking a s a gift or to take to an event, I like to use the pretty paper cases. However, they RUIN my baking if they will not come off. Any better brands, please let me know:-)
Re: Muffin Baking with Paper Cases that cling!!!
March 14, 2020 12:46PM
Squares of bake paper tucked in the pan. Or go nude and use a release spray.. you may want to check some commercial suppliers such as Gilmours, Moore Wilson's etc.
March 14, 2020 10:22PM
Agree with Jenna, although I cheat and buy commercial tulip cups and don't have a problem with sticking.

Olive, try putting the muffin tray on a wet tea towel when you take it out of the oven. Leave it there until it cools then remove the muffins to a rack to cool completely. I think you'll find that helps.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
March 14, 2020 11:51PM
I have found cutting squares of baking paper and pushing them into the muffin tin cups with a double ended wooden pastry temper which forms the paper into the shape works well. Even putting a few drops of water in the bottom of the muffin tin cups before you form the shape with baking paper may help to keep the baking paper sitting on the bottom of the muffin cups.

[www.woodzone.co.nz] You can probably purchase them cheaper than this.

You can also pre-shape as many as you like with the baking paper using the above method and store them in a small box or container to fit (to help keep the shape) so that you have them at the ready when you want them.
Regards,
Dawn.
March 19, 2020 09:18AM
Thankyou Dawn, great suggestion! Also thanks for website link.
March 19, 2020 09:18AM
Thankyou Barbara Anne.
March 19, 2020 09:19AM
Thankyou,Jenna.
May 27, 2020 12:03PM
I use the Jaytee cases still made in Dunedin smiling smiley They don't normally stick. New World and PakNSave sell them
May 27, 2020 02:27PM
So happy to hear Jaytee are still going! I have a pack of their cases which must be at least thirty years oldsmiling smiley.
J1
May 27, 2020 11:48PM
I was in Moore Wilson's Wellington recently and they had packs of 200 tulip cases for $8. Similar to these:
[cakeandkitchen.co.nz]
May 28, 2020 08:14AM
I bought my muffin tulip cups on-line from Cake and Kitchen as per J1's link and I thought they were very reasonably priced, but the Moore Wilson ones @ $8.00 for 200 are even more so and probably more economical than DIY with baking paper. I still prefer them to the traditional muffin cases.

Carolyn, I too have some Jaytee cases in my pantry which my late mother bought for me probably about 20 years ago. Mine are the small ones which I use for rum balls etc at Christmas. That brand has been around for eons - I didn't realise that they were manufactured in Dunedin.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
May 28, 2020 10:09PM
I’ve just rediscovered a bag of Teflon muffin tin liners that I’d forgotten about, and have been using them again. Brilliant. I bought them at the scullery in Hamilton a few years ago.
May 29, 2020 03:11PM
Barbara, I got my Jaytee cases from my mother as well! She was clearing out her pantry as she had decided she was unlikely to do much more baking. She's now 82 and still bakingsmiling smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.