Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

20ish year old Lemon Linguine recipe

Posted by Janet or Emma 
20ish year old Lemon Linguine recipe
April 27, 2020 10:37PM
Emma is on the search for one of her first recipes. It was lemon linguine, and from memory, only had egg and lemon juice over the hot linguine, but was simply delicious. I've searched high and low for specifics, but can't find the original recipe. I'm wondering if it was on a NZ TV cooking show. Does anyone have the recipe? Thanks, Janet
Re: 20ish year old Lemon Linguine recipe
April 27, 2020 11:08PM
It must have cheese, surely? Most of the recipes call for lemon juice and Parmesan cheese plus maybe some olive oil and herbs. It really does seem to be a simple recipe and I like the sound of this one from Jamie Oliver:
[www.jamieoliver.com]
MMD
April 30, 2020 02:46AM
My recipe is - Shrimp Lemon Linguine - and it is delicious.
April 30, 2020 08:25AM
I have this recipe - it's in 'The top one hundred pasta sauces' by Diane Seed. (publ 1987) Send me a PM if you don't have this book, and want the recipe.
May 02, 2020 08:41AM
It was definitely no cheese. Crazy but delicious. Maybe Annabel Langbein. I've been trying to think who had tv programmes around then.
May 03, 2020 01:55AM
How about this one, then? My mouth's already watering.

[www.deliciousitaly.com]
May 05, 2020 04:54AM
Thanks, ladies. I’m wondering if I should message Annabelle Langbein, as I feel like it was her recipe. It almost can’t be called a recipe with so few ingredients! Haha
J1
May 05, 2020 06:10AM
You could leave out everything in this except for the egg yolks and lemon (although maybe your one had cream as well?) [www.foodnetwork.com]

You could just leave out the cheese in this one [cookbuzz.com]

You could use just the first three ingredients of this one [cookbuzz.com]

You could just make this one, leaving nothing out, because, once again, maybe your one did have cream... [www.junedarville.com]
May 09, 2020 08:30AM
It came to Emma in the middle of the night! Pitty she didn't tell me, as I've kept looking. Haha. For anyone interested, here's a link. Nigella Lawson. [www.google.com]
J1
May 09, 2020 10:20AM
Ah, that's the first one I linked to - Nigella Lawson recipe on food network. It has cream and cheese and butter and parsley...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.