Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Potatoes.

Posted by marylew 
Potatoes.
December 19, 2020 07:09AM
I want to buy some potatoes for a cold potato salad.Can anyone suggest a tasty potato that suits this recipe please?
Re: Potatoes.
December 19, 2020 07:38AM
My favourites for this are the Baby Golden Gourmets. They have a lovely buttery taste and are waxy which you need for a potato salad. I don't think you can beat them for flavour.
December 19, 2020 08:10AM
Thanks CarolynC I have just googled these looking for a supermarket but I will try a vege market.It doesn't seem like countdown or paknsave sell these,Thanks.
December 19, 2020 08:16AM
I like Perla for potato salads as they are waxy and firm and hold their shape. Depending on size I either leave them whole or halve them.
December 19, 2020 10:09AM
I can't stand Perlas, they have a horrible texture. I'd go for Jersey Bennes any time over the other two already mentioned. (and as my Mum, who hails from the Channel Islands will tell you, it's "Jersey Bennies" not "Jersey Benns", as I have heard several TV chefs pronounce it.
December 19, 2020 12:45PM
I buy mine at Fruit World, but Countdown has something similar - Vivaldi Gold. They're larger than the baby ones but of course you can cut them for a salad. Personally I like the flavour better than Jersey Bennes, but they are lovely too.
December 19, 2020 11:08PM
Vivaldi Gold is also my favourite and I like Perlas too.
Regards
Dawn.
December 20, 2020 12:43AM
Thanks very much everyone I have written these names on my list and I am very grateful thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.