Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Well Done, Irene

Posted by Lorna 
Well Done, Irene
September 04, 2021 09:23PM
Our Irene has made it into print! There's an article in Stuff called Sweet Treats for Lockdown and Irene has a recipe for Food Processor Orange Cake that looks delicious and very tempting. Easy prep too, which is important for me as I can't be bothered fluffing around creaming sugar & butter, then adding beaten eggs very carefully so that the mixture doesn't curdle. These days I'm into easy as one tray bakes, chuck it in cake and dessert recipes, and uses for leftovers recipes.

[www.stuff.co.nz]
Re: Well Done, Irene
September 04, 2021 11:10PM
Congratulations too Irene, it looks lovely will certainly try this one.
September 05, 2021 01:31AM
Thanks for posting Lorna, as I had absolutely no idea it was accepted. I obviously submitted the recipe as it is so good and so easy to make.

Yesterday I made this all in one Food Processor Carrot Cake and substituted walnuts for pecans. This also is a nice easy recipe. When I went to bookmark it to save it, I had closed the tab and on google searching it looks as if it was originally a Donna Hay recipe with additions/exclusions.
September 05, 2021 01:38AM
Well done Irene, that's awesome!
September 05, 2021 02:58AM
Congrats from me too Irene. I am going to print out the food processor carrot cake recipe. Thanks for the link, it sounds great!
Regards,
Dawn.
September 05, 2021 03:43AM
Well done, Irene.....I just saw that in Stuff. smiling smiley

I have saved the carrot cake too...I don't have a large enough food processor but I will improvise...part food processor, part baking bowl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2021 03:52AM by Marnie.
September 08, 2021 05:34AM
That’s fantastic Irene. I must go find that article..

Zee xx
September 08, 2021 06:12AM
Well done, Irene. I have made a note of both cakes to try
September 08, 2021 07:06AM
Well done Irene and I have just made it. I made it as printed and put it in the loaf tin. It smells divine. Will cut it up tomorrow for our mahjong group.

Such an easy recipe.
September 08, 2021 08:29AM
Thanks all. My Granddaughter made the shortbread in that link and sent me a photo. She said they tasted wonderful and were very easy to make
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.