Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Fairy bread

Posted by Ngaire L 
Fairy bread
November 08, 2005 09:57AM

Im to make sandwiches and fairy bread for a 3yr olds birthday on saturday . I ve always used bread , marg and 100s and 1000s but have been told the recipe is now updated, can you please help me .
Re: Fairy bread
November 09, 2005 06:10AM
I see nothing wrong with the original idea you have .
you can cut the bread into different shapes and its yummy with chocolate hail to.

I used to simply do them as an open sanwich.
November 09, 2005 06:38AM
You can use nutella for the base instead of the marg. Or do a combination of both.
November 09, 2005 06:44AM
Why change something that has been around forever and works!!! A sign of todays world unfortunately.
RH
November 09, 2005 08:34AM
Thats true Allyson but I'm sure its good for the little ones to have a change every now and then.
I have a 6th birthday party this weekend and I will be doing half withNutella and the other half margarine.
November 09, 2005 09:56AM
Or jam!
November 09, 2005 10:01AM
I think you should be very careful when using Nutella as so many children are allergic to nuts and it can kill.......... so maybe nut based products aren't that good for parties. I've never come across children with these allergies myself but did watch a programme, maybe it was on Campbell, where more and more children seem to be having very bad allergic reactions so maybe the good old 100's and 1000's is best BUT read the packet carefully because many lollies etc have a warning that there could be traces of nuts in the product as they have used the same machines which have been used to make nut based products.
RH
November 09, 2005 02:53PM
Thats a good point Mnemosyne. My daughter used to have a boy in her preschool class that was allergic to peanut products. There was a total ban on any peanut butter within her class for that year (much to her dismay as it is her favourite). It turns out the little boy has a reaction by even touching it and he bloats up resulting in him having to have a special injection for allergic reactions.
I'd expect that the parents of the children would let me know if their child has an allergy of any kind so that I could make a few special food items for them.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.