Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

chocolate chip biscuits

Posted by helen 
chocolate chip biscuits
January 09, 2006 10:12AM
In my search for a fabulous chocolate chip biscuit recipe these recipes all come to me highly recommended. I have copied them from the radio live thread and would appreciate any feed back if you try them.

Jan's chocolate chip biscuits

185 g butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pistachio are good)
200 g Nestle morsels
1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 180 C.
Beat butter and sugars until pale and creamy, add vanilla and egg and mix well. Add combined dry ingredients, spoon onto a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Eileen's chocolate chip biscuits

200 g butter
2 tabs golden syrup
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup boiling water
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/3 cups dessicated coconut
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate drops

Preheat oven to 160 C
Melt together butter, golden syrup and sugar. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and then add along with combined dry ingredients.
Place spoonfuls on a tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.

Michelles chocolate chip biscuits

500 g butter
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 1/2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
500 g dark chocolate, choppped

Preheat oven to 180 C.
Beat together butter, sugar and condensed milk until pale and creamy. Add combined dry ingredients and mix well. Roll into balls and place on a cool baking tray, press lightly with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

Re: chocolate chip biscuits
January 09, 2006 10:14AM
Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180 C.
Mix all ingredients together and place spoonfuls on a cool baking tray, bake for 15 minutes.

Patsy's chocolate chip biscuits

125 g butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons condensed milk
1 tablespoon Baileys irish cream
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
125 g chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180 C.
Beat together butter, sugar and condensed milk until pale and creamy. Add combined dry ingredients and mix well. Roll into balls and place on a cool baking tray, press lightly with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.

Toll house chocolate chip biscuits

250 g butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in a teaspoon water
2 cups chopped dark chocolate
1 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 180 C. Beat together butter and sugars, add eggs and beat well. Mix in combined dry ingredients. Place spoonfuls on a cool tray and cook for 15-20 minutes until golden.

January 09, 2006 10:14AM
Try stopping at one choc chip cookies

125g butter,chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
75g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
1 egg
185g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
180g coarsely chopped dark chocolate (or morsels)

Oven @ 180C
Beat butter,essence,sugars and egg until smooth.Stir in sifted dry ingredients,and chocolate.Drop tablespoons of mixture onto lined trays,press down lightly.Bake for 12 mins or until lightly browned.Stand for 2 minutes,cool on racks.
Makes about 20

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2006 10:24PM by helen.
R.H
January 09, 2006 11:00AM
They look great Helen! There goes the detox for another week until I try a few of these recipes smiling smiley Hubby is going to be very pleased with me as he loves sampling any new recipes I aquire off here smiling smiley
January 10, 2006 10:28AM
January 10, 2006 11:56PM
I listened with interest to all the great choc chip recipies in the radio the other day as I was intending to make some to take away camping with a large group of teenagers. So yesterday was bake off day and I made Patsy's chocolate chip biscuits, Toll house cookies and Eileens choc chip bis. At the moment Patsy's and the toll house are the most popular as I think something went wrong when I made Eileen's recipe. They taste fine but are very flat and the chocolate chips dissolved. So if anyone can tell me what I might have done wrong that would be great as the recipe looks like a really nice one.
January 11, 2006 02:46AM
I made Jan's biscuits today but found the mixture really sloppy so only made 2 biscuits as a trial - they came out very thin and tasted too sweet for me.
I then added 1/2 cup more flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder - they are OK, the kids like them but I probably wouldn't make them again.
January 11, 2006 11:05AM
Hi Helen
I rang the radio and requested that you read out the peanut butter choc chip cookies recipe again as I'd just tuned in and missed it (and hadn't heard of this forum then) Well you kindly repeated the recipe and I gave it to my daughter who is just getting into this baking passion. The cookies were a very big hit - she made some as per the recipe, and some with melted chocolate and coconut on top (obviously she subscribes to her mother's theory that no food can be too sweet or too rich!)

By the way, as per my phonecall to you guys on Sunday morning - you're still in trouble for leading me to this site, I'm spending far too much time browsing in here!

Robyn in sunny Hawkes Bay
January 11, 2006 07:23PM
Robyn, just as your theory about no food being too rich or too sweet, there is no such thing as spending too much time on this site. All time spent here is time well spent. smiling smiley
January 11, 2006 08:42PM
Thanks Lorna - I'll take that as permission to ignore the dust bunnies and keep browsing - suits me!
January 11, 2006 11:13PM
I'm keeping my eye on you Robyn (:

January 12, 2006 09:46AM
Rachel - Ashburton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm keeping my eye on you Robyn (:
>
>

Ooh - not fair sneaking up on me like that, Rachel! I promise I'll attack the dust-bunnies forthwith and I vow and declare that no chocolate chip cookies have passed my lips (or landed on my hips!)

Robyn (PPP)

January 13, 2006 03:52AM
Greta (aged 10) made Michelles recipe this morning and I must have already eaten about 6 of them. They were all the better for adding chopped up couverture chocolate to the mixture instead of chocolate chips.
I do like condensed milk in my cc biscuits.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.