Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

"NOSH"- New Auckland Gourmet Food Store

Posted by anne.b 
Today a fantastic new gourmet food store called Nosh opened in Apirana Avenue, Glen Innes. I read about it in this morning's Herald and couldn't wait to get down there. What a fantastic store (lots of stores within a store, i.e. patisserie, fish, fresh vegetables, pastas, imported foodie items I've never spotted before, olive oils, fresh flowers, etc. etc. etc. ) It is very upmarket and well worth a visit.
Re: "NOSH"- New Auckland Gourmet Food Store
July 26, 2006 04:21AM
I also popped in and couldn't believe how busy it was. I only had half an hour to spare and unfortunately the queues for the tills were taking twenty plus minutes. Interesting range of goods although all fully priced. More like an expensive deli rather than the french marketplace they have compared it to in their press releases and marketing! I will definately go back with more time on my hands. The cheeses were beautifully presented and nicely ripened. Also good italian meat selection.
July 26, 2006 05:37AM
I drove past the other day and wondered when it was going open - what a great place to finally have in the area !
July 26, 2006 05:48AM
Hasn't another store opened in that area - by a couple who run the food place in Clevedon - or is it the same place?

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
July 26, 2006 06:02AM
Do you mean the Italian Country Market ? That has opened in Orakei so not too far from Nosh and I imagine that both are aimed at the same market so it will be intersting to see how they both go. Great for shoppers though !
Nope, that's the Italian Market which is in Coates Avenue in Orakei which opened about 3weeks ago.
July 26, 2006 06:31AM
ooooh worth a trip east!

Four legs good, two legs bad. George Orwell
July 27, 2006 05:20AM
I have quite a few Nosh spending vouchers to give away - keep your eyes peeled on the foodlovers forums and/or listen to the Kitchen Garden show this Saturday. smiling smiley
September 30, 2006 07:58AM
A friend and I went out to the Nosh Food Store today. We both enjoyed it and will be going back again. We also went to the Parnell French market on the way there and the little shop that is by the cafe was selling a booklet of all of the farmer's, craft, and other markets around New Zealand. I didn't get one, but it is good to know that you can get one if you wanted a copy.

Donna
October 01, 2006 11:55AM
Don't forget to try Farro Foods in Lunn Avenue, Mt Wellington too, I'm really impressed with them.
October 03, 2006 12:37AM
My sister took me to the Glen Innes NOSH shop. What a wonderful shop it is. A must for all you foodies.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.