To Market, To Market,
To Buy Your Weekend Supplies,
On Saturday the Seventh,
You Can Taste till You're Filled Up to Your Eyes

9am till 1pm, Albany Hall, Albany Village
1st Saturday every Month
Re: Albany Farmers Market
October 06, 2006 01:22AM
Where exactly is the Albany Hall? I just live down the road and can't picture where it is.

Thanks!
October 06, 2006 03:03AM
Hi Catherine,
The Albany Hall is the old Hall at the intersection at the traffic lights where Oteha Valley Road, the old Albany Highway and the new Albany Expressway meet. The Little Old Memorial library is next to the tennis courts, and the hall is next the the courts, with the car park beside it. I have signs on the 4 roads leading to the hall and banners and bunting made from tea towels flapping around.

You can't miss the fact that there is something going on in the hall between 9am and 1pm. I email interested people on the Thursday before each market with a reminder, so come in have a look, a taste of everything and put your address on my list.

Ask for me, I look forward to seeing you, regards, Julia
October 06, 2006 07:35AM
Ahhhh now I know. Well hopefully I'll get a chance to get there tomorrow!

Thanks again!
Catherine
October 06, 2006 10:23PM
Estelle, is the cheese lady back?
October 07, 2006 04:08AM
I went this morning (and meet Julia) and must say it was very impressive and delicious - sooooo many samples. For someone who doesn't like olives, after trying I brought 2 varieties, aswell as cheese, bread, pickles, smoked chicken, salami and veges.

Looking forward to attending more often
Cath
October 08, 2006 08:31AM
Sounds like a yummy place to visit. We live out west but hubby works in Albany and so knows where it must be. Hopefully we will make it there for the first Saturday of next month. Thanks.
October 08, 2006 09:56PM
Morning,

The original cheese lady has not come back. She has gone on to be a teacher and could not do both. We have someone else selling French style cheeses made by a real Frenchman in Northland, she also has salamis.
I am selling cheeses from the Art of Cheese at Puhoi, I have Camembert and Bohemian Blue.

Also on Saturday I sold out very early a most delicious Salad Dressing from Puhoi. At the next market on the 4th November I will bring a truck load of it so I will not disappoint any more customers. Dribbled on Asparagus, this dressing is the best

Thanks for your interest, Julia
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.