Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Looking for sheep milk; in Wellington

Posted by Christine 
Looking for sheep milk; in Wellington
October 17, 2005 11:55AM
Does anyone know of anywhere in Wellington where I could purchase sheep milk?

I've had a look at Moore Wilsons and the organic store (and supermarkets (; it's a bit esoteric for there, though), which seemed like the two most likely places. They both have goat milk (: but I didn't see any sheep milk.

(I'm assuming that I'd need to go to wherever to buy it, since it seems like a difficult thing to deliver while still keeping it cold; but if it is practical to have it delivered that's good too (:
And the Wellington restriction is because I can't drive, so I'd need to get it from somewhere close enough that I'd be able to get it home via public transport while it was still cold - I imagine it's easier to track down in the general direction of Wairarapa or Palmerston North, but both places are a bit too far away, I think.)

Thanks,
Christine
Hi Christine

When I lived in Masterton 4 years ago, there was a great little shop in First Street that sold sheep milk cheeses, made by Janet King and her husband (can't remember his name!). I think they supplied milk to the hospital for special diets. Hopefully they're still operating there and may be able to supply sheep milk to you. Good luck.

Cheers, Jean
Re: Looking for sheep milk; in Wellington
November 28, 2006 07:34AM
Jean is referring to Kingsmeade Cheese - here is a link to a foodlovers page that mentions contact details
[www.foodlovers.co.nz]

Also: Kingsmeade Cheese

Olivers Rd R D 6 Masterton
0-6-377 5252

Shop: 8 b First St Lansdowne Masterton
0-6-378 7178

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.