Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

recipe book - Dunedin

Posted by Tammy 
recipe book - Dunedin
February 14, 2003 01:16AM
I have heard of a recipe book which has been published recently in Dunedin which features recipes that people have requested from different cafes etc and have been published in the local newspaper. Apparently it retails for about $15. can anyone help me buy one of these? ;-)
Re: recipe book - Dunedin
February 16, 2003 10:34PM
Have you tried the Citizens Advice Bureau. They generally know all sorts of things about whats going on and may be able to help you locate who is selling or may know who is printing it.
February 17, 2003 04:09AM
isn't that the one in the ODT? I think they publish recipes each Tuesday from different eateries in the area.
Pat
February 18, 2003 09:17PM
Tammy,I would love to have that book as well and as I live in Auckland,I hadnt heard of it. Have you had any luck in getting hold of it?Recipes from the people are always so good as they are often the old ones we loose.
Hope you have had some luck, regards Pat.
February 19, 2003 01:47AM
Hi. I found the following on the ODT website:

Tasty treats At long last, in time for Christmas, our Ask a Chef Cookbook is almost out. With more than ?? of readers' favourite recipes from ?? Otago restaurants it will be available from the Star Stationery shop in Lower Stuart St or by mail order, $19.95. Look for the coupon in the Otago Daily Times next week. Wednesday, 6-November 2002

Hope this helps
Pat
February 19, 2003 08:24PM
Thanks Tammy I will try to get hold of the ODT and get one posted up, regards Pat
March 13, 2003 01:28AM
Have just found a more specific reference on the Otago Daily Times website:

"Ask A Chef cookbook, available for $19.95 from the Star Stationery Shop, 52 Lower Stuart St, Dunedin, ph 03 479 3579. "
June 30, 2003 04:36AM
Contact Charmaine Smith at the ODT, the recipes are from the "Ask a Chef"colum in the paper.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.