Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

part for Revere Ware pressure cooker

Posted by Christine 
I need the black rubber plug that goes under the flip up gauge on the lid of my Revere Ware pressure cooker. The cooker is stainless steel with a copper bottom.There are two patent numbers on the bottom, 2272609 and 2363973. There is also the letter S beneath the patent numbers, but no model number.

Christine wrote:

> I need the black rubber plug that goes under the flip up gauge
> on the lid of my Revere Ware pressure cooker. The cooker is
> stainless steel with a copper bottom.There are two patent
> numbers on the bottom, 2272609 and 2363973. There is also the
> letter S beneath the patent numbers, but no model number.
>
>
I also have this same pressure cooker. It also has "other patents pending D"
on it. I think I need the release valve gasket too. It will not build up pressure.
Doris
Taz
Re: part for Revere Ware pressure cooker
February 22, 2005 06:27AM
I have the same presure cooker an am looking for the gasket under the lid. Part No. 600
I also need the rubber plug under the pressure gauge. Isn't it a great pressure cooker though, gosh I must use it at least once a week. Always hated my aluminum one. If you hear about these seals we need let me know.

todd

tedk@graffiti.net
To all you people wanting Revere Ware parts, here's the address to contact:

helpcenter@worldkitchenhelp.com;

Lorna
I have this cooker, but not the instruction manual. Does anyone have it, or can make a copy. I have not used mine but hope to cook up a storm upon learning how to use it!
I had the same problem. I found the Presto Automatic Air Vent, part no. 09911 at Ace Hardware. Take the metal valve out from the center of the rubber plug and put it in your Revere ware Pressure cooker. Works great
Bob Hillerby
I need the black rubber plug that goes under the flip up gauge on the lid of my Revere Ware pressure cooker. I attempted to contact the addrress helpcenter@worldkitchenhelp.com and was told that this site is no longer available. Awaiting a reply. HELP
did you ever find a manual for your pressure cooker?
I bought one from a swap meet with no manual. ?
I just inherited a Revere pressure cooker. I'm sure the seal is at least 40 years old! (maybe older). Does anyone know of a source for these?
I ACQUIRED A REVERE PRESSURE COOKER, COPPER CLAD BOTTOM, PATENT 2272609 (MADE UNDER PROCESS PANTENT 2363973) AND AM LOOKING FOR INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR IT. I'VE NEVER USED THIS TYPE BEFORE. ANY MANUALS AVAILABLE AND POSSIBLY PARTS?
Did you ever find the rubber ring you were looking for? I am also looking for the same.
Did not find a new seal ring but supplemented the seal with a 7 inch x 1/16
inch O-ring from a truck repair place and that works and now have a good
seal. It goes on the outer side of the seal in the groove of the seal and
against the edge of the lid. Hope this helps you.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need help finding the O-ring or any
other questions.
TAZ
In case any of you are looking for the rubber seal that goes under the pressure gage, you can use the "Presto" Automatic Air Vent. I've had my Revere Ware Pressue cooker since the early 50's and still using it. However I would like to know if there is anything I can use (liquid soap, chemical, etc.) that I can put on the rubber Lid seal that will lengthen the life of it. It seems that these seals are impossible to find and I can't think of another that would substitute for it.
R.L. Hillerby
I read your post. I have the identical pressure cooker. I got it at a garage sale, same numbers on the bottom and all. It's heavy gauge stainless steel with the copper bottom and I love using it. About the "O" ring you mentioned in your post -is the inside diameter 7"? I'm asking because the seal is a little wider than that. Many thanks! Robert
Yes the seal is a little larger then 7" ut the O-ring will stretch over it and stay in place.
Hope this helps. Taz
I have model #1574 pressure cooker and need the Safety Release Control Assembly #022. Does anyone know where I can obtain it. If this is the same model as others that want a instruction manual, I have one and can copy it for them.
I have a Revere Meal in Minutes electric pressure cooker Model PC-806, purchased from QVC a few years ago. I misplaced the owner's manual. Does anyone have a copy of the manual?Lu Carrico wrote:
I am also looking for a copy of the manual. Does anyone know how to find it or does anyone have a copy of it and would like to share it.
I am looking for 8" diamiter w/lipat front of cooker, for Revere Ware Presur cooker copper clad 1801 stainless steel R-1, Patent # 2272609. Would 7" truck O Ring work for this? Please send me repley. Thank you
You need to still keep the old rubber seal and yes the 7" O-ring will fit around the seal tightly. Taz
Go to a hardware store and get the Automatic Air Vent for the Presto . The part no. is 09911....take the little steele plug out of the center and it will work perfectly. It does in mine...............Bob
I am looking for a seal for a 55 yr old Revere Ware pressure cooker. no model number but patent 2272609 and 2363978 with an M. This is 55 yrs old. Do you know where I can get a seal? thank you, Alberta
September 12, 2005 01:53AM
Kudos to Bob and Taz for their very helpful hints! I've got the Patent #2272609 pressure cooker but I have a different set of questions: First, is there supposed to be some sort of rocker on this pressure cooker (like the Presto kind)? There's a place across from the flip-up gauge on the lid, where it looks like there might have been a stem sticking up at one time. On the underside of the lid, there's a round, slotted, protrusion (about 3/8" diameter, and 1/8" thick, with a little hole in the middle that doesn't quite go all the way through the lid.......I can't figure out why it's there, but it looks like it might have been ground off on the top side. Second, does anyone have an instruction manual for this model? It's not clear by her post whether Lu Carrico has this same cooker; mine doesn't have the model number, only the patent numbers. We're also looking for a set of the bakelite grips for the pot (not the lid) handle. I'll appreciate any responses, to the site or to the e-mail address. Thanks! smiling smiley

September 15, 2005 01:50AM
I need the screw that goes on the thick part of the handle of a 1 qt. saucepan.

Thanks.
Re: part for Revere Ware sauce pan
September 15, 2005 02:05AM
I need the screw that goes on the thick part of the handle of a Revere Copper clad 1 qt. saucepan.

Thanks.
September 21, 2005 06:02AM
I don't know if they have parts for Ravere Ware pressure cookers, but the Pressure Cooker Centre website in Perth, Western Australia seems to have spare parts for most pressure cooker brands. If they don't have the parts, they might know where you'll find them. Try them at: www.pressurecooker.com.au
I have the insruction book and would be glad to copy it for you.do you by any chance have the recipe book that came with it? I am trying to find that. Thanks and let me know where to send the insructionsWendy wrote:

> I don't know if they have parts for Ravere Ware pressure
> cookers, but the Pressure Cooker Centre website in Perth,
> Western Australia seems to have spare parts for most pressure
> cooker brands. If they don't have the parts, they might know
> where you'll find them. Try them at: www.pressurecooker.com.au
Hi Debbie,

I have the recipe book but not the manual for my Revere Electrics "Meal'n Minutes" cooker. It is only 32 pages; I will send you a copy of the recipe book if you still need it. Would you mind sending me a copy of the manual?

Kimberly
Hi Doreen,

I am also lookin for a copy of the manual, would you mind sharing with me the instruction manual for Revere ( Meal'n Minutes) Pressure Cooker Model PC 806 or Model PC 806W?

FlorenceDoreen Wade wrote:

> I am also looking for a copy of the manual. Does anyone know
> how to find it or does anyone have a copy of it and would like
> to share it.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.