Recommended ice cream maker?
December 02, 2006 11:35AM
I'm looking to buy an ice cream maker for our family for Christmas.

The ones that do the pre-freezing without the need to put the bowl in the freezer are too pricey by the look of them (eg the Sunbeam model that's over $300), though I'm going to have difficulty finding spare space in my freezer to pre-freeze a bowl!

I'd like something that doesn't take forever in the freezer, and that has a 'reasonable' capacity. I've seen a Krups and a Sunbeam Snowy that are possibilities. Is there anything else available in NZ that you could recommend? I haven't found information about a Breville model that I thought was around. I've done a Google search and not come up with anything else.

Your ideas and experiences would be appreciated! Many thanks.

Cheers
Carol
Re: Recommended ice cream maker?
December 02, 2006 11:02PM
Hello Carol,
Here are a couple of links to previous discussions on the Foodlover's Forum. They may be of interest to you. There are several pages although some dates go back to 2003!

Another suggestion is to put your request on the food related forum in Foodlovers.
Regards,
Dawn.

[www.foodlovers.co.nz]

[www.foodlovers.co.nz]
Re: Recommended ice cream maker?
December 03, 2006 03:15AM
I have a Breville about 4 years old and find it is good for what I want. I make sorbets and can put a mix in as we sit down for the 1st course and it is ready when needed, It only take 1 litre of mix. and it is a freeze the bowl first one. The lid I find is a bit light and rides up during the churning but I put a couple of fat recipe books on the top and that works.
Yes I agree with Dawn ,re post in the food or non food sections. Not everyone checks this one out.
Jean
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.