Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Home Stay Families wanted

Posted by Linda 
Home Stay Families wanted
November 09, 2004 11:35PM
We're having two Koreans for 6-8wks who arrive on 28th Nov. The man organising it, says he is looking for more people able to homestay these kids - they're aged 10 - 13yrs, so wants NZ families to have two.

They will attending a Language School in Takapuna and the co-ordinator is arranging a mini van or similar to collect and drop off the kids from your house, Mon - Fri, even during the Xmas holidays. You need to live on the Shore, provide them 3meals a day, and a bed, then just entertain them during the weekends. For this you'll be paid $360 per week. Our spare bed is actually a queen sized, but I was told thats fine, the kids are friends and they'll share.

I know the timing isn't the best with Xmas etc, but if you're interested, or know of anybody who may be, email be at ltb@xtra.co.nz and I'll give you John's phone number to contact.

We've had a few homestays now, and on the whole its a very rewarding experience, and the kids love having somebody to make a fuss of them.

Linda.
Re: Home Stay Families wanted
November 10, 2004 06:46AM
Just had to say, that we have had 2 homestay students and it was really rewarding!!
Cheers,
Sandra.

Re: Home Stay Families wanted
November 10, 2004 11:54PM
:}
We have been having Homestays since 1990 and we just love our girls. Haven't had one bad experience. Several have stayed 2-3yrs. [It's always hard to say Goodbye! ] We have also had years of 4-6 week stayers and it's so lovely to see them so appreciative and happy.
Cheers
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.