Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

VCR's broken

Posted by Linda 
VCR's broken
December 28, 2004 10:50PM
Our neighbour decided that the two broken VCR's they put out for an inornganic rubbish collection, would be better off given to hubby to have a play with. And if we could fix them, they said he could have them.

Well they've sat in our garage for about a year now, and I'm sick of them.

Any suggestions on getting a new home for them. Horder hubby doesn't want me to throw them out, but is happy to give them to a new home - pity the dump doesn't count!!

If anybody here would like them, you're more than welcome to them. We're on the North Shore of Auckland. One is a Panasonic and the other a Sony. Not sure how old. Both not working.

Linda.
Re: VCR's broken
December 29, 2004 10:59AM
Thank goodness we don't live close. I married the biggest horder in the bussiness, and he hates to part with his "useful treasures"

I try to sneak some into son's (who lives behind) rubbish when I can then deny all knowledge of objects whereabout!

Bev M
Whitianga

December 29, 2004 09:59PM
They are not worth keeping, with the cost of machines these days, and the near future demise of the VCR (next 4-5years and they wont be found on the shelves) I would not bother.

The most common problem is mechanical, however because of the complex intergration of the electronics/firmware with the mechanics, you normally find that without decent service tools/equipment there is no way that most machines can be successully serviced by a home handyman (outside of the basic obvious).

With a machines starting at $100 new, there is just no way anyone will bother fixing them and still have ongoing unknown problems. If the head is stuffed then you are typically up for $100 for a new scanner/head assy, and a further $60 to have it fitted.

Cheers

Stephen
Raewyn G
December 30, 2004 10:45PM
Pop them in the rubbish and say what I do,much later when 'Mr Someone' is looking for the disposed item, (can take some time to realize its gone), "Oh!................ I know what you mean, no..........I haven't seen that for ages!" Works everytime!!!!!! Then it's not a lie!!!!!:}
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.