Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Oamaru

Posted by Margaret 
Oamaru
January 15, 2005 04:47AM
Off to Oamaru on Monday for a few days. Can any foodies in North Otago suggest anything different to visit? Have done the run of the mill things.

Margaret
Jan
Re: Oamaru
January 15, 2005 05:38AM
Whitestone Cheese is there its a good place to go
Jan
January 15, 2005 06:01AM
There is an awesome place found by us when collecting Peonies from Timaru..it is called The Shearers Quarters , Country Gift and Coffee shop..932 Seadown Road Timaru..Just before or after (depending which way one is travelling) from Phar Lap RAceway..you think you are never getting there but Oh so worth the trip!!!!! You can also turn off there and cut over to Temuka so if you are travelling it is not necesary to double back to get to the main highway. And yes Whitestone is good too..We are lucky enuf to have a son in Kurow so get to visit this wonderful part of New Zealand regularly...Enjoy..Jan (PNorth)
January 15, 2005 11:00PM
Thanks for your suggestions, Jan and Jan. I am travelling by bus this time, but will definitely have to try the Shearers Quarters sometime when we are heading down in the car.

I have a son and daugter-in-law in Oamaru and go down quite often to visit. I agree that Whitestone Cheese is well worth a visit, have been there seveal times. Hoping to hear of some of the "hidden" places that people might have found.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.