jen
Greytown Weekend?
April 09, 2008 12:13AM
Jennifer1, do you think we might be able to organise something like this??? Have a trip to Aus planned for June, so after that would be good for me, give me some time to save some $$$$, or even in the Spring if it's a bit chilly for northern foodlovers? I'll bring the Enos and alka-seltzer...smiling smiley
jen
sue
Re: Greytown Weekend?
April 09, 2008 03:03AM
I already live in the area but would love to meet up with other FLs.
April 09, 2008 03:25AM
Hi jen, I, too, already live in the area and frequent Greytown regularly so staying there, etc, wouldn't be much point for me but, like Sue, I'd be happy to meet up with other FLs if something was organised. If nothing for FLs is organised, it would be worth your while just planning a personal happy weekend at Greytown anyway smiling smiley
jen
April 09, 2008 04:10AM
I reckon someone should set up a tour company, speacializing in foodie destinations... beyond me I'm afraid, lack organisational skills. Will keep Greytown in mind as a must do later in the year. What's the local weather like in the cooler months?
Jen
April 09, 2008 07:53AM
Hmm I could happily do a Wairarapa weekend....
sue
April 09, 2008 09:35AM
We would love to see you helen.
April 11, 2008 03:49AM
To answer the weather query (I "grew up" in Greytown, ages 0 - 19) the weather varies considerably, from cold & wet & windy to dry & mild! In my time there it only snowed in town once, so I don't think that will be a problem :-) My parents are still there and often say the weather is very similar to here (Ashburton). I guess I haven't really answered your question after all! I'd say it isn't so cold that you would need thermal underware!!!
April 13, 2008 06:47AM
We stopped for lunch at Greytown on our way down to South Island and I really loved the town, the atmosphere - didn't sample the foods though, as we were in motorhome, but another excuse for a winter excursion PLUS a yummy lunch sound great! Will have to leave my George 'resting' as I don't think he would cope well with a bunch of ladies!! So I'll watch this thread with interest! But I will go over to the one Lorna's organising at Turoa as it's very close to home for me.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.