Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

help please

Posted by ngaire 
help please
October 07, 2009 09:43AM
Wondering if you could please help me , I need to wash a wool underlay that has dried blood on it , cant remember what to put on and soften before washing .... thanks
Re: help please
October 07, 2009 11:06AM
This comes Wools of New Zealand. It relates to carpets. It is a bit of a hotchpotch as I cannot get the article to coppy and paste (I have long since lost the link).

Stain Step One Step Two Step Three

Blood 1 2

Type of treatment
1. Cold water.
2. One teaspoon of wool detergent (for example, Softly) with one teaspoon of white vinegar and one litre of warm water.

STEP 3: PROFESSIONAL CLEANING
Professional cleaning once every one to two years will do wonders to revitalise your carpet and keep it hygienically clean. It is an essential step in looking after your carpet and a significant factor in ensuring your carpet lasts longer.

The 2 most important things to remember when organising professional cleaning are:

1. Don't wait until your carpets look dirty before professional cleaning. By then, it could be too late.
2. Only use a qualified professional.

Carpet cleaning is a science requiring skills and expertise that can only be obtained through formal training. Untrained operators may do your carpet more harm than good.

To help, Wools of New Zealand have established a network of Approved Wools of New Zealand WoolCare Technicians, the most highly trained and qualified carpet cleaning technicians in Australia. Membership is by invitation only to ensure the very best level of service.

Read all about Wools of New Zealand WoolCare Technicians here.

Contact Wools of New Zealand on info.nz@woolsnz.com for more information.

Or, if you are in New Zealand, The Carpet Cleaning Institute of New Zealand Incorporated will be able to give you the contact details for your closest, most qualified carpet cleaning technician. Simply call 0800 422 269.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 11:07AM by mark.
October 07, 2009 11:26PM
Thankyou Mark , its kind of you to reply to my message ....Will try never thought of that...
October 08, 2009 04:18AM
Wash in cold water surf brillant
November 08, 2009 12:34PM
[cleaning.lovetoknow.com]

Love to Know is a website that just tells you how to do a lot of things, basically! And they have a cleaning section, where I found these instructions. That site would be useful to know for other things! If you dont want to go there, here is what it says:

Remove Blood Stains from Washable Fabrics
Treating washable fabrics for stains is easier, but blood is still one of the most difficult to remove.

If your blood stain is fresh removing it is fairly easy. Wash it immediately in cold water and most if not all of it will come out.
If remnants of the stain persist, soak the garment for 15 minutes in a mixture of:
1 qt. warm water
1-2 tsps. dish or laundry detergent
1 Tbl. ammonia
3. Continue soaking for as long as necessary to remove blood stain. If necessary use a brush to help loosen the stain, but use gentle strokes or you may damage the fabric.
4. When the stain is gone, wash the garment, dry and it is ready to wear.

Removing Blood Stains that Are Set

If you've run your blood-stained garment through a hot wash cycle or dried it in the dryer, chances are it can be near impossible to get the stain out because it is permanently set. Here are a few household remedies to try as last ditch efforts in removing set blood stains:

Hydrogen peroxide – Use a solution made of one part hydrogen peroxide and one part water. This treatment is harsh and can harm some fabrics, so only use it in a last attempt at trying to remove a blood stain.
Salt – Dampen the stain and rub with table salt.
Meat Tenderizer – Sprinkle the stain win unseasoned meat tenderizer (white) and add enough to make a paste. Let it set for 15-30 minutes and sponge the area with cool water. (WARNING: Do not use meat tenderizer on fabrics like wool or silk, because it can break down the fabric.)

November 09, 2009 06:30AM
Thankyou all so very much for your help , I got myself cracking and it is mostly out.... will put it out in the sun a couple of times now.......I do appreciate all your time
November 13, 2009 02:25AM
Hey that's what we're here for smiling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.