Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

School Photos

Posted by Janet or Emma 
School Photos
November 13, 2009 07:35AM
I'm wondering about school photos around the country. Are named class photos available, what are they like (are they plain photos, laminated photos, laminated prints on paper, etc, and what size) and what price are they? What other photos are available, eg, individual, family (with parents?), sports? Thanks, Janet
Re: School Photos
November 13, 2009 07:49PM
The ones we get are named and laminated. Can't remember the price but think it was around $7. You can also get individual photos or photos of siblings together.
November 14, 2009 02:29AM
Our school has just had ours done. We have a new person this year and he took individual, class and family groups and sports team. The parents will get a proof of all these and can see before they order and buy all or any of the pictures.parent sare pleased with this style of photographs.

Cant remember the price but they come laminated and all students named. Seems a good deal and there is no money upfront withoutseening. Veryesy from my admin point of view. parents alwasy buy a picture or 2. Not bad marketing either as they will prob buy a family group. But there are various prices for various packages and always a good price. Always colour of course.
Most photographers give a booklet or CD of the years photos free to the school for records as well.
November 15, 2009 03:10AM
With our school photos, the individual photos get sent home and you have a choice to pay or return. If you pay, there is also the choice to buy the class photo (no proof of the photo), in which case it's another $10. The class photo comes back as A4 laminated photos with the class name and people's name along the bottom.

You can get a portrait pack or enlargement, but these are all of the individual photo. There are no family photos or sports photos. However, the photographer for the pre-school next door does give people the option to have family photos taken, and the sports teams (rugby, soccer) organise their own team photos (laminated A4, names and team, for $10).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2009 03:14AM by FarmAway.
November 15, 2009 08:37AM
Our school has individual, class and family/sports photos.

A package of about 8 photos, is $30, which is for the individual sitting and a class photo...

Class photos are $12 seperatley..
They come laminated and named...

Some photgraphers are excellent and some dont care...

November 15, 2009 09:23AM
Our kids have used Photolife which do a laminated photo with names. They also will do an insert, if there is somebody away, as long as they email them the details.

Last year our school used another crowd, and it was terrible. Wrong names, mispelt names etc, so they've gone back to Photolife.

November 15, 2009 09:27AM
Thanks for all your replies - sounds like the class photos are similar in style and price - is the writing on the class photos (ie the names) actually on the photo, or on a mount which has a plain photo attached to it before laminating? Thanks, Janet
November 15, 2009 09:07PM
Linda...re the wrong spelling of names, The photographer shoudlhave sent them back to the school for staff to name, then once printed they are sent back to check any spelling and then finally printed and laminated. Check out the full service before deciding.

November 15, 2009 11:02PM
Our class photos look like a sheet of A4 paper with the title, school logo, names etc printed on, then the photo is put onto the paper and the whole thing laminated.
November 17, 2009 04:24AM
Our schools have used photo life, personally I feel they have got to be a bit of a rip off, they are now calenders and bookmarks. Plus the calenders by the time you get them are alittle out of date. Did send mine back to alter, and what a commotion, I am still not sure if I have all the photos I paid for!
November 17, 2009 08:16PM
My g'kids school demands payment with the order, some 5 or 6 weeks before the photos are even taken. They do class and individual photos and they are supposed to do siblings, too, but in our case, we didn't receive the sibling ones. On enquiring we were told that they simply ran out of time and couldn't get all the sibling photos taken, but nothing was said at the time of delivery. I had to go to the school and ask why we didn't get them and ask for a refund.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.