Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

War

Posted by helen 
War
July 30, 2016 12:35PM
While it doesn't entirely surprise me it does shock me that there are those who think we are on the brink of a world war.
Way too much crazy testosterone in the world I think.
Re: War
July 31, 2016 03:41AM
Horrible thought. Sensationalism is rife.
I don't bury my head in the sand but I have no respect for that type of journalism.
August 01, 2016 12:19AM
Marnie I felt a bit the same but after reading features on different news sites around the world - a habit of mine when I am in between books and in bed with my laptop - I wondered if we are leading up to something awful.

We just have to hope that it is wrong as there is nothing to be gained from worrying although I did weirdly have a thought that maybe it was time for me to get chooks as my head went straight to thinking about food sources. Haha.
August 01, 2016 12:46AM
I think there already is a war, but not as we know it. I don't think we will see a conflict such as previous World War's with soldiers marching into battle against each other as such. With the capability of drones, battles can be fought from off shore with drones which have bomb dropping capabilities, and cameras etc etc etc. Technology has not only changed the world but also battles!

Also we now have terrorists (lone or 1 and 2 'soldiers' for want of a better word) inflicting damage.

We watched a movie last week called 'Eye In The Sky' and a must watch regarding my comments. It was based in Kenya, the UK/US Governments were watching a terror cell there from both the UK and the US. This movie displays how everything is done remotely.
August 01, 2016 04:30AM
You have some good points there, Irene. Wars have been happening practically since the beginning of time. It isn't always caused by 'religion', any difference of ideological thinking seems to bring out the worst in people. Not to mention insanity, want of power, greed or sometimes just sheer cruelty. (I was going to use the B word in front of mindedness there but didn't want to offend anyone). Just as technology has changed the world regarding battles, reporting them has instantly brought them into our homes.

This is where some journalism/journalists seems to have left out some sort of code of ethics. My understanding is that there are 5 principles of journalism: Truth and Accuracy, Independence, Fairness and Impartiality, Humanity and Accountability. Some would state that because we now demand instant knowledge of what is happening that so many of the ethics seem to have fallen by the wayside.

I am no expert, that is just my opinion. I don't even have any room for chooks or a cow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.