Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Best bait for mice?

Posted by IngridO 
Best bait for mice?
March 18, 2017 11:54PM
Not a nice thought I know, but we have a mouse in our house - in the kitchen rummaging around the back of the cabinets leaving its droppings all through my drawers and cupboards

DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

Currently trying a peanut butter and cracker concoction with the trap - but its not working!

Any other ideas?
Re: Best bait for mice?
March 19, 2017 04:38AM
I use Peanut Butter and the mouse trap I use is Easy Trap Catcha Mouse.There is a sunken hole to put your P/butter in and the mouse has to actually stand on the snappy bit to get it out.Works perfectly for me as I had terrible trouble with my last traps.The mouse got cunning and would take the P/butter from the sides.
March 19, 2017 08:03AM
We use the Pestrol Ultrasonic Mouse Repellent unit and it is perfect! Son lives in a rural area and works for him as well. These can be purchased direct or at Mitre10 for the same price

[www.pestrol.co.nz]
March 19, 2017 10:12PM
I have used peanut butter for years and it always works, usually within minutes of putting the trap down. I currently use the little black plastic traps that have a circle of raised dots and I smear a very little bit of peanut butter in the circle. Don't overdo it or the mice can eat it off without being snapped in the trap.
March 21, 2017 10:17AM
I think the trap is a cheapy - the mouse seems to be licking off the peanut butter and not setting off the trap !!

I'll go and buy one of your suggestions - Wish me luck!!
March 22, 2017 12:27AM
Trap and peanut butter does the trick. Cheese did not do it.
March 23, 2017 04:47AM
Go for the kill - call in a professional, Ive got roaches and last night saw a BIGGIE. It totally freaked out my kids and secretly me. I called Wild Weta Pest Control to come and sort it out for me.
I think the over the counter things will be more hassle, I need them eradicated.

Vanessa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.