Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Netflix

Posted by Ali W 
Netflix
October 22, 2018 09:00PM
Can anyone tell me where to delete my viewing history on Netflix. I have read three articles, NZ Herald, Stuff and NBR who all say to go to Settings, My Profile, Viewing history. I cannot find this, I can find edit my profile which only allows me to delete the account etc. I find this very frustrating and am tired of the recommendations they offer. For instance, we watched a very good recent film on catching a war criminal and now I am constantly bombarded with war films which I don’t want to see.

Thanks
Re: Netflix
October 22, 2018 10:07PM
Here's how I find it on my laptop. Don't know the instructions for using a cell phone or tablet.
When you log-in, go straight to the top right and hover over the Manage Profile Icon or the down arrow beside it. Click Account
Scroll down to My Profile and select Viewing Activity
My Activity.
Each item you have watched wil lhave a circle on the far right. If you click on it it will explain what happens to that item. If you DON'T want to delete it, click the back button.

I hope this helps you.
October 23, 2018 04:58AM
Yeah, we recently had that problem. Watched the first 10 minutes of a Canadian comedy "The Indian Detective" -- then our whole Netflix account overrun with Bollywood films!

After deleting from your watch history, it will take a few days for it to filter down and notice any difference in your account.

You can only access the viewing history options from a web browser on a PC, not an app on a phone/tablet.
October 23, 2018 07:21AM
Thanks gals. I was trying to do it on the tv app. Will use the Mac as we have a smart tv so should work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.