Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Hotel in Singapore

Posted by Plates 
Hotel in Singapore
February 24, 2019 06:02AM
Looking for a place to stay, or a good location to stay in Singapore.

3-4 days, want easy transport to various places, ie dont want to walk half an hour to get on a train.....
Re: Hotel in Singapore
February 24, 2019 01:59PM
My favourite Singapore hotel is the Stamford. It's fantastically located as it's central and is also above a train station and mall with eating places and a small supermarket. It's not super cheap but my experience with Singapore is that hotels are either pricey or dumps (a travel agent told me that once and she was right).
February 25, 2019 08:47PM
I have been researching a holiday in Singapore for next year's Chinese New Year festivities. I rather like the look of the Novatel at Clarke Quay. Has anyone stayed there and if so, what's it like?
February 26, 2019 10:34AM
I found a hotel called the Rendezvous which seems close to Dhoby Ghaut MRT station and seems to be close to a lot of the attractions. Can anyone speak from experience.
February 26, 2019 09:46PM
It's certainly in a handy location. Being in the city centre you have many choices of MRT stations to take you anywhere you want to go. It's a very efficient way to travel. I was last in Singapore about 10 years ago when the Marina Sands Hotel was just being built and Sentosa Island was still undergoing massive projects. It's all so different now, I'm looking forward to going back again. There's so much to do and it's quite a safe place to visit, but still be on your guard - every tourist destination has its scoundrels!

Edited to say download the MRT map, it's easy to follow and makes getting around a piece of cake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2019 09:49PM by Lorna.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.