Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Acknowledgement on the forum

Posted by Ali W 
Acknowledgement on the forum
November 06, 2019 06:50AM
To be part of a supportive and encouraging group there needs to be a bit of two way.

I often put up little snippets that might brighten someone's day - and am lucky to get maybe 5 or so responses.

I don't do it for a slap on the back but just a thumbs up or something would be encouraging - or perhaps that is not what the forum is for.

One of my posts has had 57 reads and not one comment.

Am I being a bit snippy?
Re: Acknowledgement on the forum
November 06, 2019 07:19AM
I always enjoy your contributions Ali. I think in this Facebook/Instagram world, we are conditioned to click on a like or a dislike or a wow to comment. I will read a contribution, ie your broken plate which is devastating, and I think how awful - but am guilty of thinking and not always commenting. I guess it also depends on what I am doing at the time - ie having a peek while working.

Don't be downhearted about this. I think there would be more cause to feel downhearted if you were receiving lots of negative comments, which can be hurtful. Or as you mentioned 57 people looked - imagine if that was a zero count - that is an OMG what have you/I done!!

Hang in there and fuzzy warms - Irene

(edited due to a spelling mistake)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 07:21AM by Irene Field.
November 06, 2019 10:08AM
Ali, I always like your contributions. I had a quick look and I wonder if you meant the one about visiting old haunts.
I did enjoy it and if you had been on Skype you would have seen me nodding and smiling. I am not totally sure that we need a like button, though.
Keep up the comments and contributions.
November 06, 2019 10:19AM
Maybe your "snippets" don't appeal to everyone, but if you get pleasure from sharing them then keep on doing so.
November 06, 2019 10:35AM
I read your post (up to 60 now) and mulled it over but forgot to write back.
I think sometimes we just have things in our head but I completely understand you posting here about it.
I send my newsletters and sit waiting terrified that people will think what I have written is boring and not click on anything,
Funnily enough the Random Act of Sweetness that I thought would get lots of clicks today didn't do nearly as well as chicken sandwiches and the no bake caramel slice.
I have had 591 people read my itinerary to Mexico but only 2 have booked. haha.
I guess sometimes we are passive but in a forum we should remember to comment as otherwise the author has no idea of what thoughts the post has created.
Great pont Ali.
November 06, 2019 10:44AM
Thank you Helen, you always have an encouraging and open attitude.

I don’t want to sound churlish, but if we all just looked and didn’t comment or contribute thoughtfully, it would not be much of a forum.

I want to be a person that people enjoy engaging with in a positive way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 08:20PM by Ali W.
November 06, 2019 08:01PM
Keep posting Ali
November 06, 2019 11:49PM
Definitely keep posting Ali!
November 07, 2019 03:38AM
I love your snippets Ali.
November 08, 2019 05:16AM
I too read them, sorry for not commenting lack of good manners sometimes too. For myself I don't worry about not getting any replies so chin up & Keep posting i did like the one about visiting old haunts, quite interesting but time does move on & not always for the better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 05:18AM by Lyn V.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.