Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Wouldn't you know it!

Posted by Ali W 
Wouldn't you know it!
December 24, 2019 01:49AM
We were planning a family dinner for Christmas this year with our son and his partner home from Europe. The season has difficult memories for all of us with the passing away of two close family members - one on Christmas Day and another on New Year's Eve! We try to make the best of it and lay down new memories of laughter and sharing.

Last Thursday our son was walking around his building site near Wellington when he had a severe head injury that required an ambulance and 10 staples.

Now they can’t come up as there is a huge risk of infection.

But.....lemonade from lemons....they are sharing the day with friends down there, and we are going to enjoy friends who would be on their own up here!

Phew!
Re: Wouldn't you know it!
December 24, 2019 04:10AM
That was some very worrying news you got, Ali. Glad that you can make something positive from a personal disaster. I bet they’ll be missing your foodie treats though. You’ll just have to have a mid-winter Christmas dinner to make up for this one.
December 25, 2019 11:13PM
Ali what terrible news but on the positive side it sounds as if your son fortunately is on the mend. I like that you have been able to remain upbeat. All the best
December 25, 2019 11:59PM
Thanks so much Irene & Chris. A good day was had by all parties - and on my current theme of lemonade from lemons - we have just returned from downtown where I bought a pair of yellow shoes - on special of course!
December 26, 2019 01:47AM
Ali W Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks so much Irene & Chris. A good day was had
> by all parties - and on my current theme of
> lemonade from lemons - we have just returned from
> downtown where I bought a pair of yellow shoes -
> on special of course!

Way to go, Ali.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.