Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Carpet Shampooer

Posted by Sandy 
Carpet Shampooer
March 02, 2020 06:06AM
I have 2 long-haired cats who regularly throw up lumps of fur etc on the carpet (they seem to prefer this to the tiled areas) unfortunately. Although we use carpet cleaner sprays as soon as we see it there are now noticeable marks on the carpet.
Does anyone own an electric carpet shampooer they would recommend, or know of anyone who has one and is happy with it. I would rather purchase one and be able to use it as soon as it happens..
Ideally I’d like one that cleans with a cleaning liquid and vacuums the dirty liquid into a separate container. I appreciate that they’re not cheap but then neither is new carpet if I have too many patches.
Re: Carpet Shampooer
March 02, 2020 08:04AM
I've had a Bissell Little Green for the last 20 years for this exact reason. I've had 2 machines in that time, so not too bad on lifespan and reliability. These are a smaller hand operated unit for spot removal rather than the big vacuum size models that could do a whole house. The little green has two tanks and is a bit fiddly to clean, but anything of that nature is probably going to be.

I see Bissell are now doing a newer model, and if I were going to buy a new one right now, I'd definitely investigate those as it seems the Little Green has been discontinued. At a brief glance, they seem to get good reviews.

[www.harveynorman.co.nz]
Re: Carpet Shampooer
March 02, 2020 10:36AM
Thanks Jenna. I’ll have a look that one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.