Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

cleaning shower glass

Posted by karena 
cleaning shower glass
December 23, 2020 05:34AM
Does anyone have a sure-fire method for getting rid of mineral stains from hard water on glass shower doors? I've seen recommendations for baking soda mixed with vinegar - does this work? I've given up on commercial shower cleaning products - they get rid of any soap stains but won't shift the mineral deposits.
J1
Re: cleaning shower glass
December 23, 2020 08:59PM
Well, if you watch the video titled How To Actually Clean Your Shower Glass on this website page [www.thewaterstaindoctor.co.nz] you can rest assured it's obviously a very difficult problem, given that they say they've spent years refining what works and what doesn't, ultimately ending up making their own paste (for use by their technicians only) and using a polisher!
December 23, 2020 10:08PM
karena, I am only sharing this link because I have used it. It does work but is also a lot of work.

In the past I have had mine done by a company and it worked, for a while.
As long as we are in an area that is known for having natural chemicals in the water supply it is something that is ongoing. I know mine are clean but not as sparkling as they were at first. Although our Karcher helps a lot.

[www.mitre10.co.nz]

I will check out the link J1 posted too but I also wonder why there isn't a shower polishing attachment readily available.
December 24, 2020 12:57AM
Karena rather than try a net based hack, and unless you can get a tried and true method form someone you know, I would play it safe and get a professional in. When we had our new bathroom done with glass shower walls it was treated by Diamond Fusion. That's nearly 3 years ago now and they still look great. I have only ever used water on them to clean. Looking at their website they also do restoration and sell restoration products? I am not sure if they are worth considering?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2020 12:59AM by Irene Field.
February 16, 2021 07:24AM
Bar Keepers Friend
J1
February 16, 2021 07:45AM
I looked up Bar Keeps Friend and here's some info on how to use it most successfully:
[www.naked.glass]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.