Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Changing of Password

Posted by Chris 
Changing of Password
March 31, 2024 02:21AM
I need to change my password for Foodlovers. I am encountering a problem though in that the site requires me to put in my old password and then twice the new password. An error comes up because the old password is not recognised. There is no button where you can submit that you don't remember your password and get a link to change it. Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do? I think that if I join again with a new password all my old postings and replies will be lost to me. Am I right with that assumption?
Re: Changing of Password
March 31, 2024 06:11AM
Hi Chris,

Interestingly my password is set permanently (albeit invisible, except for the dots) so all I need to do is hit 'submit' and I'm logged in. Maybe I've done something to set it up that way, I can't remember.

If that's not the case with yours, then when you go to 'Log In' - on the right it says 'Did you Forget your Password? Fill in your email address, and the system will generate and email you a new password - a gobbledegook combination of letters and numerals. Use that as your 'old' password and then go through the 'change password' process that you have already identified. ie put your old password in and then your new one twice.

I trust that I have understood the issue correctly and that this helps.

Hope you are enjoying the Easter weekend. I hear that your town is pretty busy with the Warbirds airshow.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2024 06:18AM by Barbara Anne.
April 01, 2024 02:30AM
Thank you Barbara Anne. I am also permanently logged in but without the dots for the password appearing. I click on Foodlovers and get in straight away. I was advised yesterday that password I used and that is very similar to my Foodlovers one appeared in a data leak and that I should change it. I went into the Control Centre where it says Change your Password and that's where I encountered the problem. I shall log out now and see what comes up. It hadn't occurred to me to log out.
Yes, our sky was buzzing. I watched the three minute free show over the lake. I had volunteered three times in the past and didn't want to battle the traffic to attend another show. The weather was absolutely perfect, calm and not a cloud in the sky. Such a great Easter weekend.
April 01, 2024 06:31AM
...ah, now I see - you were looking to change your password while logged in. Yes definitely log out, and then request a new password which the system generates. As I said, they are a random combination of letters and numerals, and while they are perfectly fine to use as a permanent new password, most people want to immediately change it to something that is more familiar.

For some reason I have never liked being permanently logged in to this or any website for that matter, as I'm always afraid of some sort of hacking. It might be a good idea to consider logging out each time you visit the site - as I said before its easy to log back in when you return, as your user name is already there and so is your password, albeit invisible, with only dots visible, so just hit 'Enter and you're in.

Yes, by all accounts the airshow was a great success - I'm so pleased that it drew such a huge crowd and that everything went without a hitch.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
April 01, 2024 08:48AM
Thank you, Barbara Anne. That worked like a charm. All is well now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.