Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Daddy long legs taking over

Posted by helen 
Daddy long legs taking over
April 17, 2015 04:46AM
Does anyone know of anything that repels or controls daddy long leg spiders?
I have just emptied my pantry into the kitchen and am now wiping out spider and moth residue and trying to work out how to combat both...
I have tried bay leaves and cloves but they didn't make a bit of difference.
Re: Daddy long legs taking over
April 17, 2015 06:07AM
Sorry I don"t know the answer to this but I think it is a good sign meaning that you don"t have White Tail Spiders in your house.
April 17, 2015 08:02AM
Hmm they are not doing their job at all well as we definitely have white tail as well. smiling smiley
April 17, 2015 09:00AM
Helen, I don't know if a comment I posted on Mark's thread about moths attacking his flour today is of help to you [www.foodlovers.co.nz]

I know people will most probably cringe aty pest control - but I absolutely am paranoid of those horrible black cockroaches and spiders. About every 4 months now we let off the Mortein Insect Bombs and we never have a problem with spiders in the house and most of the cockroaches are lying on their backs with their legs waving in the air

I personally think you can do all the bayleaves, natural fly traps etc etc etc - but they seem ineffective if you already have a problem in place. My thought is to address the problem by stronger means and then bring in the bayleaves, lavender etc after that
April 17, 2015 12:36PM
I'm afraid where bugs and spiders are concerned I'm all in favour of chemical warfare!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.