Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Anyone seen any good movies lately

Posted by ngaire 
Anyone seen any good movies lately
April 27, 2016 11:32AM
Tonight I went to see The Wilder People , what a fabulous film, I havent laughed so
much in years. Great acting
Re: Anyone seen any good movies lately
April 27, 2016 11:39AM
I saw it last week, what a great movie.
April 28, 2016 08:49AM
That's on my to see list. Eventually got around to watch Martians, and enjoyed it, it was not what I was expecting at all.
April 28, 2016 10:45PM
I loved Dad's Army but I found The Danish Girl very boring. The beginning was promising and the end was good, but they could have left the whole middle part out and we wouldn't have missed a thing. What I call a 'breadcrumb' film - good for bulking out sausages.
April 30, 2016 11:00PM
We went to The Wilder People last night and we all loved it. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. What a wonderful film, I hope it does well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2016 01:42PM by helen.
May 01, 2016 12:59AM
I saw Zootopia (with the kids) and I loved it especially the sloths!
May 01, 2016 03:37AM
I took the grandchildren to The Jungle Book absolutely a must see for anyone. The graphics are incredible and the story great.
May 04, 2016 10:10AM
I LOVED the Wilderpeople - even my 8 year old and his 75y old Nana appreciated it.
So many FUNNY scenes and laughs and Sam Neil was amazing and Rhys Darby was just so bloody funny!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2016 10:11AM by Vanessa.
May 04, 2016 12:17PM
Tonight a friend took me to see Florence Foster Jenkins , not a film I would
have chosen but I did enjoy it..... Meryl Streep and Hugh Grant played wonderful
parts ,its a true story , lots of cringing and laughter and at the end I cried....
Not for everyone but Im really glad I went .
May 05, 2016 12:36AM
We loved Hunt for the Wilderpeople! A comic farce with teary bits.
May 05, 2016 01:57AM
I read a review of Hunt for the Wilder People that said there were not enough dark elements to make it credible but that is exactly what I loved about it. I didn't need credibility I just wanted to be entertained and to have a damn good laugh, which we did,
May 05, 2016 01:53PM
Last Cab To Darwin. A wonderful and very poignant movie. Excellent Australian cast
May 24, 2016 01:43AM
We loved The Wilder People too but also a must is Eddie Eagle a very inspiring film quite emotional but a wonderful ending. My 10 yr old grand daughter loved it. I said what did you get from this film & she said 'Never give up, Strive for your goal' so true. Do go & see it if you can.
May 25, 2016 12:49PM
i have seen The awakening, the green mile, shawshank redemption and shutter island few days ago.. These movies are the best...
DK
May 29, 2016 11:52AM
As a foodlover I'm really keen to see City of Gold which has just come out.
June 11, 2016 12:26PM
Recently I watched the Water Diviner, which I thought was a beautiful movie.
This week I watched McFarlane USA which is a kid's movie. My 10 and 12 year olds watched it twice, and it has created lots of discussion in our household, about privilege, child labour, school work, and how a community can change a person's life. I would recommend it for all NZ children who moan about doing their household jobs. Since watching the movie, the urchins seem to appreciate their current life a whole lot more.
July 19, 2016 07:47AM
Still didnt watch the legend of tarzan
July 19, 2016 08:06AM
Ruth I loved The Water Diviner. In the weekend we finally got to see The Dark Horse, with Cliff Curtis starring in it and based on a true story. What a fantastic movie.

One of the main actors plays a gang member, and when I read up on the background to the movie, this guy had never, ever acted in his life. But he said he had no problems with his role due to his past personal history as a gang member.

Definitely a must watch. And it is so good to see NZ movies that are being made that actually I feel out rival the Hollywood blockbusters

I can't wait to see Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

We actually tape a lot of movies that are on Maori TV, and have watched some good local NZ movies from there as well that I was not aware of.
July 20, 2016 02:25AM
I went to see Me Before You a couple of days ago. Not one swear word did I hear. So refreshing! I enjoyed the humour in most of the film and the end was a real tear-jerker.
July 20, 2016 10:40AM
I agree Lorna it was a lovely movie and a real change to have no bad language in it. I really enjoyed it too
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.