Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Something Old, Something New...

Posted by IngridO 
Something Old, Something New...
August 17, 2016 01:10PM
A friend of mine is getting married and asked me for suggestions for the following

Something Old, Something New...Something borrowed, Something blue...

I haven't walked down the aisle....so I'm none the wiser and I wasn't much help - Is it a tradition where others give these things to you?

What did others have on their wedding day?
Re: Something Old, Something New...
August 20, 2016 12:11AM
when I got married (many moons ago, lol) the something old I had was a white lacey hankie of my late grandmothers, & the blue was a flowery something on the garter I wore ... & sorry cannot remember the new or borrowed (maybe my dress as new, haha). Does your friend have something special or sentimental of her own, or a family member that might tick off a few of those boxes. Have fun,
August 21, 2016 02:35AM
Mine too was a lace hankie of my nanas.
Blue bow on a garter and imagine the jewellery was the new and borrowed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2016 02:35AM by helen.
August 21, 2016 02:36AM
Actually I shudder to think I even wore a garter! Yikes.
August 23, 2016 12:12AM
Ha ha Helen! A garter does seem funny these days - I wonder if its still a popular tradition? and OMG the groom pulling it off with his teeth!!! wasn't that what happened? Or have I been to less civilised weddings!
August 23, 2016 03:59AM
A bit more civilised than the Best Man doing it! the finger smiley
August 24, 2016 03:42AM
Just another idea- the "old" could be a grandma or great grandma and the 'new" a baby or a pregnant woman, a parade down the aisle would be a little different.
August 24, 2016 09:47PM
It is normally things we wear, don't know if this is done very often now.
August 24, 2016 10:49PM
Yes I know it is usually things to wear but sometimes it is good to think of other ways to portray ideas.It makes a change from the same old thing.
August 25, 2016 05:00AM
I guess these days anything goes really! I went to a wedding where the bride and groom had their photos done before the wedding as they wanted to get it out of the way and spend more time with their guests. Another wedding I went to, asked for guests to bring a plate of food. It was quite a spectacular spread of food from different cultures. Everybody went to extraordinary efforts to make their dish look amazing. I thought it was a great idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.