Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

All I want/ need for Christmas is...

Posted by IngridO 
All I want/ need for Christmas is...
December 07, 2016 02:10AM
a new coffee machine...that is all (oh and world peace of course)

What do you want or need for Christmas?
Re: All I want/ need for Christmas is...
December 07, 2016 02:45AM
World Peace, for there to be no starving children in the world, to see pigs fly without downing dubious liquids to do so, for nasty terrorists to fall into permanent sinkholes and never be able to get out, and for airlines/natural events to behave themselves and stop disrupting my customers' travel plans and cause me lots of wrinkles and worry lines.

ok seriously........... booger the above. Just to be with my family and the ones that I love and that love me. We have a policy of no pressies for adults with the extended family. George & I bought the latest Apple Watches for ourselves a couple of weeks ago - and that is our 'let's spoil ourselves' presents for this year.
December 07, 2016 03:12AM
I don't want or need any material things. What I want more than anything is relief from chronic family stress caused by a family member with a serious mental illness. Unfortunately there is no way that Santa can provide this.
December 07, 2016 10:46AM
Spending time with my family, with good home prepared food, as we are scattered far and wide we don't get together very often.
December 07, 2016 12:10PM
To go back to the beginning of 2016 and start again knowing all I know now.
December 07, 2016 09:42PM
For my husband's health to be restored and that 2016 never happened.
J1
December 08, 2016 03:15AM
I'm very sorry to hear of the troubles TPANDAV and Kone have had this year. My thoughts and blessings are with you. Our troubles make us grow and deepen as human beings but they are still never easy to deal with.
December 08, 2016 05:54AM
TPANDAV and Koni - I echo J1's words to you both, and I hope the new year will bring some relief and easier times to you and yours. Take care.
Regards,
Dawn.
December 08, 2016 08:22AM
Thank you Dawn and J1.
December 10, 2016 06:35AM
I too hope that 2017 will be better for you Tpandav and Kone.

Tpandav we too are dealing with a family member with mental health issues and I know how difficult it is.
I am having some guilty respite at present as have blocked her number on my phone. I will be forced to confront things in a week or so but just need a break. It feels quite liberating. smiling smiley
December 10, 2016 11:08PM
Thank you Helen. Sorry to hear that you are dealing with such a difficult thing, and there are always so many unknowns with mental health problems. Ours will never go away - an adult child whose condition has escalated from being a very troubled teen with ADD and an eating disorder, through to alcohol abuse, drug addiction (meth), criminal charges and now a formal diagnosis of borderline/dependent personality disorder.

I don't know if this site might be helpful to you - it is essentially about personality disorders but has a lot of advice for dealing with any kind of mental illness in family or friends. The demands never stop but there are ways of protecting oneself and creating appropriate boundaries.

[outofthefog.website]
December 14, 2016 10:31AM
Hi TPANDAV .. , I also know about borderline personality disorder........A dreadful mental health problem.
Its hard for people to understand,, lots of folk think they have the answers but its not that simple .
. I hope you have good friends,,,
Keep writing to friends at Foodlovers , we all care
December 14, 2016 01:56PM
Well put Ngaire! BPD is endlessly exhausting to deal with... Sending you good wishes from Adelaide winking smiley
December 20, 2016 06:17AM
Its easy to forget people out there are putting on a brave face at this time of year whilst dealing with the tough stuff. There is no easy fix for many things, trial and error and as its been said getting coping strategies to manage the situations. You cant put a price on health - mental or physical
Having a shoulder to cry on and laugh with, asking for help and sharing the burdens is a must.

So other than health, happiness and love for my family, Id love some new clothes and some money to squirrel away in the bank when life throws you a curve ball.

Vanessa
XXX
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.