Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Cleaning a Slow Cooker

Posted by amwilliams 
Cleaning a Slow Cooker
April 20, 2017 01:41AM
I am wondering how people keep the metal outside of their slow cooker clean - not the ceramic insert.
Splashes of liquid seem to burn on the metal and are difficult to get rid of so looking for any suggestions.
Re: Cleaning a Slow Cooker
April 22, 2017 12:07AM
I think you mean the inside of the actual slow cooker itself? I have two slow cookers and both have those random splashes which are well and truly baked on. (I love my crockpot and slow cooker!) However, I don't worry about trying to get the stains off as I am a bit worried about damaging the inner metal surface which is where the heating element is and I just say to myself that no-one sees it anyway. My slow cookers get a quick wipe around inside and out and that's it for me. smiling smiley
Regards,
Dawn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2017 12:08AM by Dawn.
April 22, 2017 02:07AM
Yes I do mean the inside of the slow cooker. Yes it is the splashes that get baked on and I have tried a few things to get them off, but with no success.Maybe I should just take your approach and not worry about them, but when you lift the ceramic dish out, it looks pretty awful.
April 22, 2017 02:28AM
Yes, but who sees it but you? You know you've done your best to clean it and no one can ask for more. And no one else should be looking in the inner, so it's your secret. Relax and enjoy the meals you cook in it. drinking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.