Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

SPAM

Posted by Lorna 
SPAM
December 11, 2017 09:00PM
There is so much spam on here, there's more spam than genuine member posts, in every forum. I know it's a busy time of year, but it's become very unpleasant to visit the forums for the last week or so. However, for me it's a very quiet time of year with SeniorNet Whitianga being in recess until February. There's only a small amount of work to be done between now and then. Is there anything I can do to help? Can someone show me how to delete and block these spammers? I'm quite happy to help if I knew how.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2017 09:02PM by Lorna.
Re: SPAM
December 11, 2017 09:12PM
I agree Lorna, and that is great of you to offer your time. I wonder if you email Helen directly?
December 19, 2017 11:03PM
Seven more spams in the Foodies chat page. I'll happily do what I can to help.
December 21, 2017 08:42PM
Yes, I agree very annoying and unpleasant. I'm not very internet savvy but my understanding is that these posts are not from genuine people, rather 'web crawlers' which identify sites by key words. I recall someone saying a while back that the fact that the name of this site has the word 'lovers' in it is probably a factor.

While we may not be able to stop the unwanted posts coming they should be deleted immediately by the webmaster and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2017 08:44PM by Barbara Anne.
January 04, 2018 10:48AM
The spam on the food talk page is getting out of hand. Just nasty. I am surprised it's not being removed. Holidays?
January 04, 2018 10:56AM
I assume that Helen is out of action for some reason. But there are ways to prevent this kind of spam attack, but suspect that the owner of the site isn't tech savvy enough to work it out, not that I am either, but I know other forums have sorted it out. I just mark the forum "read" so I can see anything new that comes through and ignore the spam.
January 06, 2018 08:39AM
Opps, Sorry I didn't see this thread and just posted on the Food Talk page re the spam - it's really annoying.

Twice Cooked
[www.twicecooked.co.nz]
January 10, 2018 09:39AM
WOOHOO! Someone has taken a magic eraser to the spams! A big thank you from Adelaide!
January 17, 2018 09:19AM
The spam scourge is back. Over 10 came through in a matter of minutes. As I reported one, a new one came in, and so on. Just terrible.
January 17, 2018 09:24AM
Hey folks,
I have deleted a lot of spam on Helen's behalf. I'll make sure I keep a better eye on it. I think they must spam in multiples! Annoying!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.