Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Ban retail sales of fireworks

Posted by J1 
J1
Ban retail sales of fireworks
November 06, 2018 08:10PM
If you'd like to see retail sales of fireworks banned, here's a petition to Parliament you can easily sign. Nearly 10,000 people have signed it already.

[www.parliament.nz]

"Petition request
That the House of Representatives pass legislation to prohibit the retail sale of fireworks, and institute licensing arrangements for individuals or organisations to responsibly detonate fireworks in public displays approved by the relevant territorial local authority."
Re: Ban retail sales of fireworks
November 06, 2018 09:00PM
Thanks for sharing. Have signed and shared as well
November 06, 2018 09:09PM
I fully support this petition and have signed it. I will also share it to our locat Chit-Chat page on Facebook.
November 06, 2018 09:25PM
Done
November 06, 2018 10:27PM
Done and shared. Thank you J1 for drawing it to our attention.
November 06, 2018 10:38PM
Thanks J1 - Done!
Regards,
Dawn.
November 07, 2018 01:26AM
Thanks. Petition signed.
November 07, 2018 02:04AM
Signed. One of our neighbour’s foals was so terrified by fireworks that she bolted through two fences and ended up with lacerations down to the bone on her chest and one leg. Horrific.
J1
November 08, 2018 02:23AM
Thanks all. Chris Eichbaum will be grateful for your action and support. Here's an article published yesterday about it. The signatures to the petition have now reached 12,840.

[times-age.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2018 02:23AM by J1.
November 08, 2018 06:37AM
Thanks for this, J1. I've signed and shared it too. I'd like to go further and see Guy Fawkes Day no longer 'celebrated' here - a commemoration of Parihaka would be much more relevant, and raise awareness of an episode in our history which should not be forgotten.
J1
December 01, 2018 03:37AM
This petition closed on 30 Nov 2018. It got 17,942 signatures. Mr Eichbaum is now going to try and get an MP to agree to present it and then it is announced in Parliament, tabled and referred to a select committee - [times-age.co.nz]
December 01, 2018 05:11AM
Great news, J1. My neighbourhood still gets woken well after midnight because some idiot thinks it’s fun to disturb people’s sleep. People just stock up to have fire crackers available throughout the year. The legislation we have at present does not do the job.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.