Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Hello from a stranger spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Zeetra 
Re: Hello from a stranger spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 03, 2019 12:39AM
So good to hear again from Zeetra, Raewyn and Lisa. Interesting that the enquiry about Mary Wilmhurst by her granddaughter brought about an online reunion. Wishing you all the best and hoping you’ll check in as time permits. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2019 12:40AM by Chris.
July 03, 2019 03:09AM
I feel all warm and fuzzy with the comments on here.
I spoke to Raewyn McC today, she is on duty at Hospice and she said she would take a look in.
She was thrilled to know people had missed her also
Bless you all

Raewyn G
July 03, 2019 03:54AM
I have been in email contact with Lynley who is off travelling but is definitely going to check in as well.
smiling smiley
July 03, 2019 06:36AM
Hello all. Lovely to hear from Zeetra, Raewyn and Lisa. I'm still around although don't check in quite as often. Still love my food and cooking new things when time allows, but like most of us, life is busy and we can't always do it all.
Zeetra, that is such good news that you won that dreadful battle. And Raewyn, glad to hear you are keeping well and still in the same job! You could always be counted on for a tried and true winning recipe. Hope to see more of you online.
XOX
July 04, 2019 12:51PM
Zeetra I am so sorry to hear about the hard time you have been having. I have two dear friends that are going through the same thing.
Foodlovers friends it is so nice to see all these names on here. I no longer have my blog, life just got a little too busy with kids, dogs cats and my husband changing his job to one that was a bit more demanding. I still love spending time in my kitchen and am most fortunate at the moment to have just moved house and have the most amazing kitchen I could have hoped for.
I pull out foodlovers recipes fairly frequently to make and still refer over here on a reasonably regular basis.
How nice to touch base with everyone again smiling smiley <3
July 04, 2019 01:02PM
Great that these old friends are appearing, so how about getting in touch with Tammy if we can - I remember her blog Wee Treats by Tammy. She is a lawyer I think.

Anyone have an update on what she is up to?
July 04, 2019 01:54PM
I was just thinking about Tammy the other day, I do hope she is doing ok.

Raewyn and Lisa, great too see you back too.

I really have missed this place and I’m looking forward to getting back my cooking/baking mojo.

Love to you all

Zeetra xxx
July 05, 2019 12:11AM
Oh yes I can find Tammy quite easily,.

Bev seems to have dropped off too.
She was here until a matter of months ago.
July 05, 2019 08:05AM
Hi everyone

Helen has got in touch with me. It’s so great to see the foodlovers forum still alive and well! My exit from the forum and my blog coincided with the birth of my first son, Harry who is now 9 years old. I’ve also got a six year old, Will. I’m still a very enthusiastic cook and Baker. I challenge myself every week to cook four new recipes and bake at least four items ( to justify the number of cookbooks I buy!). I’m also really busy with my business. I have my own law practice with 26 staff which also keeps me busy, it’s also part of the reason why I didn’t keep my blog going. We still live on the beautiful north shore, and life is great. If there is going to be an in person reunion I would definitely love to come!

Tammy xx
July 06, 2019 04:25AM
Lovely to see familiar names from way back popping up again! thumbs up
Regards,
Dawn.
July 07, 2019 01:39PM
Hullo fellow Foodies

I was so touched to hear from Raewyn G (affectionately known as Cookie) that some of you had been enquiring about us.
Gosh has it really been that long....
Well yes it has - and when I read that lovely Tammy's Harry is 9yrs old - well that proves it.

I didn't intentionally 'leave' as such - but life just got in the way.
I have had both our sons get married - the youngest had the reception here at our place and I did the catering for 80 people.
Each son has a daughter but unfortunately I don't see a lot of them with Paige in LA and Florence in Sydney, however I sew, knit, quilt and create stuff for them so they know they have me in their lives.
Yes - I still work at our Hospice as a Nurse in the Inpatient Unit where it is very busy and challenging. Been there 20yrs now - but Udder Raewyn beats me on the longevity status.
I have met some lovely people through this forum and I remember the days where I would check in several times a day.
Lorna - our trips to Whitianga - and catching up with you have gone. My SIL sold the property. The health of one of the other owners is such that they needed to make a difficult decision, and they had an offer they couldn't refuse. We were very sad at our loss of our lovely destination. It was always so rejuvenating for me but we have lovely memories - especially our catch ups. I often think of Irene and her sister Lynette PNG and their lovely rivalry. And Tammy - I still use some of your recipes. Lisa with her wonderful successful business from her Mum's custard square recipe. It was a lovely group of people and altho I only met a few of you I felt like I had known you forever. It is a credit to your Helen for starting the forum and maintaining it.
July 09, 2019 06:55AM
How lovely to see more names from the past pop up. Hi Tammy, and hard to believe Harry is 9 and Will 6 years old. And you obviously are still working hard

And you Raewyn McC - lovely to see you! And you are a nana now to two girls. That is wonderful news, and thank goodness for technology nowadays, which makes it so much easier to keep in touch with family, even if they aren't in the same country.

As for rivalry between myself and little sis Lynette. Nooooooooooo...... .she is fully aware and totally accepts that as I am older I have the maturity, the brevity, the brains and the looks to justly claim superiority over her. No question about it (wait for it....... 10, 9, 8, ...... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out )

By the way both Raewyn's ..... George often has jobs down in Palmy, and if I could I would take the day/or a couple of days off and come down with him and have a catch up, but I am usually head down and posterior up working, so I can't
July 09, 2019 11:05AM
Love your post Irene and so lovely to have all of the original names popping up again.
Sadly no Virgil. I did love his advice and knowledge plus dry wit.
July 09, 2019 01:03PM
I remember meeting Virgil at your place once Helen, and he was always such a multi faceted gold mine of information. Definitely taken too young
July 09, 2019 11:23PM
Irene, I took photos that day and it was 15 August 2009, almost 10 years ago. Also there was Annie B and Stephanie D, Zeetra and Charlotte (Virgil's wife), Helen and her friend Leanne, and Jean T.

In fact, I've got photos of most of the lunches we had right back to the first one I organised in Whitianga in 2004. There was the one at Chartwell Square in 2006, Moreton Estate at Katikati 2006, The Kaimai Cheese Factory 2008, and a second lunch at Helen's in 2013. There was one other where we met at a craft and food market somewhere in Hamilton, but I haven't any photos of that one and I can't remember where the foodmarket was, nor what year it was, but it was very pleasant. That seems to be the last time we had one. Time for another perhaps??

Another random thought - Maybe we could have a photo page and I can put up all the photos I've got, either with or without our first names attached. Also others could contribute if they've got any photos of Foodlovers Forum gatherings in other parts of NZ. I believe there were others held in other places, too.
Attachments:
open | download - 27.FL, Auckland 15-8-09 Irene & Virgil.JPG (180 KB)
July 12, 2019 07:50AM
How lovely to see the old names checking in. Hello to you all.
July 20, 2019 12:47PM
Hi Tammy,

I was wondering how you’ve been doing and think of you often.

Ah Virgil, he was full of wonderful information and advice. I have missed him. I hope a Charlotte and the girls are doing ok.

I’m in for another reunion

Zee xx
July 28, 2019 11:47AM
It would be great to have a reunion, I am happy to host if we want it to be in Auckland and happy to travel if it is elsewhere.
Any thoughts/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.