Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Disposing of a food processor

Posted by Plates 
Disposing of a food processor
August 27, 2019 08:15AM
The food processor has died, and was actually wondering how to dispose of it, particularly the discs which have blades and the main blade.

Does it all just need to be wrapped, or is there an appropriate method of disposal.
Re: Disposing of a food processor
August 27, 2019 08:34AM
Have you tried "free" on forums such as Trade Me. Often there are people who want parts or want to cannibalize machines so they can make 1 good machine out of 2 broken ones.
August 27, 2019 11:41PM
Thank you Stephanie D, I have an old Kenwood Chef that smells a bit smoky if it's used. Probably just needs refurbishing, but I can't be bothered - I've got a good Braun Food Processor. I'll have a look at TradeMe. I just want it gone, along with a perfectly good video recorder and all its cables, the remote, even the instruction book, that I haven't been able to get rid of. If anyone here wants it, it's going FREE.
August 28, 2019 12:11AM
Lorna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a perfectly good video recorder and all
> its cables, the remote, even the instruction book,
> that I haven't been able to get rid of. If anyone
> here wants it, it's going FREE.

Lorna, I wonder if a museum will accept the video recorder - they are definitely a thing of the past and will be treasured by retro fossikers.

That was said very tongue in cheek - however I am sure on one of the Hamilton FB pages someone offered one on a pay it forward page, and someone still had lots of videos and wanted it.
August 28, 2019 12:27AM
I know the local charity shops in my area love getting VCR machines as they're a highly sought after item for people wanting to do digital transfers of old home movies etc.
August 28, 2019 11:12PM
Thank you Irene & Jenna, I will look into it. I am coming to Hamilton on 9 September for my 2 yearly SpecSavers eye exam and will bring it with me if my prior investigations warrant it. There's no one in Whitianga who wants it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.