Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

The joy of being pain free

Posted by Ali W 
The joy of being pain free
September 07, 2019 10:36PM
Ten months after I injured my knee and have had various treatments (including surgery) I am finally pain free. Because I was favouring it, my other knee and both hips hurt as well.

I never thought getting down and scrubbing the floor would bring such happiness! My whole being is joyful, chores are a pleasure to do, hobbies thrill me, walking up and down the stairs the normal way is exhilarating!

Now my heart goes out to people who live with chronic pain daily, it is exhausting and depressing.

I am counting my blessings and will never take well-being for granted again.
Re: The joy of being pain free
September 08, 2019 12:06AM
What a lovely start to the day.. I'm very happy for you smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 12:08AM by Jenna.
September 08, 2019 12:48AM
So pleased for you, Ali! smiling bouncing smiley
September 08, 2019 11:31AM
Oh that is such great news Ali.
September 09, 2019 03:37AM
All the best Ali for your new lease on life.
September 09, 2019 10:59AM
Ali, I can understand your joy and am very happy for you.
Almost 5 weeks ago I had left knee replacement surgery. It was after 2 years of a gradual then fast pain and far too many pain killing drugs. Everyone to whom I spoke, including all the orthopaedic staff, did tell me that after the surgery would come the hard work. They were right. I knew I had to work through the exercise programmes even when they were hard, although I hadn't realised just how tired I would be for the first two weeks. It has paid off and although there is still some way to go, I feel I am over the worst and can now walk most places without crutches. The joy of being able to walk pain free is something that I will never again take for granted.
September 09, 2019 11:18AM
Marnie; isn’t it just wonderful that damaged hips and knees can be replaced. I often think of my dear old dad who suffered in silence with a bad hip. Good painkillers were not that readily available and he did not live long enough to see this amazing procedure give new life to so many people.

I am in awe of medical pioneers.

You probably already look younger and brighter than before your surgery.

All the very best to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 01:38PM by Ali W.
September 12, 2019 04:12AM
Thanks, Ali. Yes, you are right about how lucky we are now that medicine has advanced so much more than what our parents had.
April 27, 2020 06:09AM
I started having severe migraines a couple of years ago and it really really tormented me. For a long time I could not find the cause of severe headaches, but then it turned out that I needed a small operation to correct the nasal septum and now my brain gets enough oxygen and I have practically no headaches. I perfectly understand what it is - to finally get rid of severe pain.
May 03, 2020 07:48AM
Awesome post….Thanks for sharing this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.