Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

A really good laugh

Posted by Ali W 
A really good laugh
November 18, 2019 06:33AM
It was really hot last night and I tossed and turned - the last time I looked at the clock it was only about 3.5 hours till I needed to get up!

Dragged myself through the workday and flopped in my chair when I got home, fighting the heavy eyelids.

While mashing the potatoes for tea, I decided to relay a funny story I had read in the paper - it was how parents embarrassed their kids (often unintentionally). For some reason I just couldn’t get the story out, I just laughed and laughed with tears streaming down my face. I stepped away from the food and just exploded with laughter again

Now I feel so good, like it released some happy juice in me.

They say laughter is the best medicine, and I have to agree.

After all that hubby just grinned and carried on dishing up the broccoli.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2019 09:51AM by Ali W.
Re: A really good laugh
November 18, 2019 08:56AM
I love a good whole-body laugh Ali (not just the belly lol). Thanks for the reminder smiling bouncing smiley
November 18, 2019 10:22PM
When something is really, really funny, as in tears in your eyes funny, unfortunately I have a bad habit of regressing from laughter to snorting like a pig. And then trying to stop makes it worse.

There really is a good reason for the old saying 'laughter is the best medicine' I can just imagine your circumstances Ali
November 18, 2019 10:51PM
It happens fairly rarely as an adult doesn't it! And it's definitely good for your health, but can't be forced. Remember getting the giggles as a child?
November 18, 2019 11:31PM
Right there with you on the snort, Irene. It's not the most graceful sound, is it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
November 18, 2019 11:51PM
Here's my confession: There's a small group of us who play Uno every Wednesday afternoon. 3 of us have a very good grasp of the English language and we play off against one another in verbal repartee, some of which can get 'quite close to the bone', so to speak. We all roar with laughter at each other's comments and excuse the risqué comments as necessary: a good laugh is good for you. I love Wednesday afternoons. the finger smiley
November 19, 2019 12:04AM
Belly laughing and a cheap bladder do not go hand in hand. I often have to cross my legs and try and stop the laughter, much to the amusement of my family.
November 19, 2019 01:32AM
Jenna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right there with you on the snort, Irene. It's not
> the most graceful sound, is it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

So true Jenna. I didn't realise how bad I sounded until a time when I was videoed. We were in Romania and the first time for me, to both visit and meet the fam. On the very first night as the night wore on and the alcohol took effect, something was really, really funny and I can't remember what it was. Unbeknownst to me George had the video out - OMG when I heard myself I sounded like a Kune pig wallowing in mud and food scraps and being happy with his lot smiling smiley
November 20, 2019 08:47AM
Irene that did make me smile. None of us like seeing videos of ourselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.