Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

People Skills

Posted by helen 
People Skills
November 22, 2019 06:02AM
This morning I had hair and make-up done as needed some promo photos.
I never feel that comfortable having makeup done as imagine it is quite hard work for them.
Anyway, the lovely girl in MAC started off asking if I wanted a full or medium foundation coverage to which I replied that whatever she thought would look best.
"As your skin is lovely let's just do medium."
She had me there and I completely relaxed and we chatted for the next hour about her life in NZ compared to her home in Lake Como, Italy.
People skills are so important and for her to find something to compliment me on, whether factual or not, made for an enjoyable experience.
Re: People Skills
November 22, 2019 06:52AM
How delightful Helen and it set you up for the rest of the day.

A couple of weeks back we were spending time with friends and sharing a cuppa to celebrate her birthday. I have always been a tad nervous around her as she is really petite and I am - well, not petite. Her clothes always drape perfectly etc, while mine drape to cover things! It is me who has the problem, she is always so enjoyable to be around.

As I had given her, as part of her present, some of my crochet make up wipes, we got onto skin care. She said, “Oh do you mind telling me how you keep your skin so smooth and young looking?” So who was floating after that!

We can always find something encouraging to say - as I have found my Foodlover friends do.
November 22, 2019 09:27AM
What lovely stories Helen & Ali!
Ali I'd love to see a pic of your crochet wipes if you wouldn't mind putting one up? Cheers.
November 22, 2019 10:39AM
Sorry Heather. I took a photo but as I use an iPad I can’t seem to attach it.
November 24, 2019 07:29PM
It is so easy to say something nice.
November 24, 2019 11:53PM
I thought I had posted on this thread on Saturday, but it appears I got waylaid. What lovely anecdotes, and I was going to say it was a great start to the weekend (better than the doom and gloom news)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.