Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Steam Mop

Posted by Chris 
Steam Mop
February 06, 2020 04:16AM
A while ago I asked if anyone had a steam mop and their experience with it. Well, after a lot of dithering and reading reviews, Consumer recently gave the Anko mop, which is a Kmart housebrand, a tick. It didn’t come with glowing reports but neither did the others They all have pros and cons. Anyway, at $50 odd I felt I had nothing to lose and bought one. I have used it half a dozen times, so it’s early days. So far I am really pleased with it. We have a dog and the mop makes cleaning so easy without me getting on my hands and knees. I was surprised how dirty the microfibre cloth was after cleaning. The sponge mop I used to use just moved any grime around and my use of towels did the actual job. I then needed to wash the towels at 60 or 90 degrees so this mop is making my life easier.
Re: Steam Mop
February 06, 2020 05:52AM
That's good to know as I am thinking of buying one, and you are right about the sponge mop not doing a good job.That is a good price and I would never have thought of buying one from Kmart but other appliances I have bought from there have been very good.Thanks Chris it's good to get recommendations from a site that you can trust.
February 06, 2020 06:01AM
Marylew, we haven’t had a Kmart for all that long. It’s in Queenstown so I have to drive over the Crown Range from Wanaka, something that I do only if I have to. I must say, you can find real gems from time to time. I also bought another Consumer recommendation at the same time, a trolley case for $39 in a rose colour. It’s accepted by Air NZ and Jetstar as on board luggage. Again, a real bargain with enough space for clothing for a long weekend.
April 13, 2020 12:20PM
I lost all faith in mops. Had a steam mop and a robotic mop, both major disappointments, were returned after 2-3 uses. Back to good old fashion normal mopping cause everything else just seems like a waste of cash by this point.
April 22, 2020 06:22AM
Thanks for the recommendation, Chris! I got some Kmart vouchers for Christmas and that's what I will be spending them on.
April 22, 2020 06:54AM
I am still pleased with the steam mop, Carolyn. No hiccups so far. Now I need to check where I can get an extra micro cloth to have on hand for when I haven’t done a wash of really grimy items.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.