Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

A laugh for the day

Posted by helen 
A laugh for the day
March 08, 2020 11:22PM
Apparently 38% of American beer drinkers (although the survey numbers were only in the hundreds) are avoiding Corona beer for fear of contracting the Covid 19 virus.
Seriously?!
Shows how someone like Trump was able to become president. haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 11:23PM by helen.
Re: A laugh for the day
March 09, 2020 03:55AM
Thank you, Helen. Laughs are sorely needed.
March 09, 2020 04:25AM
Yes, that is an extremely sad fact. Close behind are the rioting, feral, Australians and their toilet paper issues.
March 09, 2020 04:57AM
Thank you Helen, I needed a laugh.
March 09, 2020 11:38AM
I read an article in which Trump said that he didn't realise that people could die from the 'flu'. Apparently his grandfather did just that...

Regards,

Barbara Anne
April 14, 2020 11:12AM
It honestly doesn't surprise me anymore, human stupidity I mean. People are just baffling at times, and these are people who have the right to vote, that says a lot about our current situation.
April 14, 2020 02:07PM
This was emailed to me today:

If Trump were Captain of Titanic:

"There isn't any iceberg, that's fake news.

There was an iceberg but it's in a totally different ocean. It's in an ocean very far away.

The iceberg is in this ocean but it will melt very soon.

There is an iceberg but we didn't hit the iceberg.

We hit the iceberg, very gently, but the damage will be repaired very shortly.

The iceberg is a Chinese iceberg.

We are taking on water but every passenger who wants a lifeboat can get a lifeboat, and they are beautiful lifeboats. They can hold a lot of people, more people than any other lifeboats.

Look, passengers need to ask nicely for the lifeboats if they want them.

We don't have any lifeboats, we're not lifeboat distributors.

Passengers should have planned for icebergs and brought their own lifeboats

I really don't think we need that many lifeboats.

We have lifeboats and they're supposed to be our lifeboats, not the passengers' lifeboats.

The lifeboats were left on shore by the last captain of this ship.

Nobody could have foreseen the iceberg.

I'm an expert on icebergs I've got lots of friends who deal with icebergs. Some of the best. Really good ice people who know ice and their forms of bergness.
April 15, 2020 12:50AM
Oh Irene that is just priceless. If he gets in next election then it will be a poor reflection on the people of the USA and will show that crackpots such as are shown in the Tiger King are not just crazy anomalies. haha.
April 15, 2020 04:11AM
I enjoyed that, Irene. We all need a laugh but how I feel for those who have him as a leader.

I was trying to explain to someone who is a citizen there but I got exasperated trying to explain that in 1918 when the "flu" epidemic peaked in November, New Zealand had close to 9,000 deaths attributed to that flu.
If I am correct, our total population at the time was around 1.1 million and how if covid-19 was to left to run wildly now, what would happen.

His response was...yes but the population increased after that. I felt I needed a brick wall on which to bang my head.
April 15, 2020 05:07AM
Glad it brought a smile to your faces. I wonder if the 'illustrious leader' will take a 20% pay cut as our PM is? I think he has been hanging out with Kim King Kong from Nth Korea too much
April 15, 2020 08:16AM
He just gets more and more bizarre by the day!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.