Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Checking something

Posted by Jenna 
Checking something
April 15, 2020 07:02AM
I posted a thread here earlier - and I got a message saying post moderation was turned on. Never seen that before in FL, so was just checking to see if it was for all new threads or if my earlier one had some key words that may have triggered moderation!
Re: Checking something
April 15, 2020 07:03AM
Ok, it appears it was just my earlier post. How odd! Trying to think of what words perhaps it could have been! It was long so I won't bother typing it again, maybe it'll pop out of the moderation folder at some point smiling bouncing smiley
April 15, 2020 10:35PM
Just so everyone knows, I have no idea what the 'post moderation folder' is. I do have access to the Admin website, but I only ever go to one place - 'edit users' - to delete spammers. Everything else is Helen's domain and I don't even go to look and see what it's all about. I'm afraid I might click on something and mess things up for everyone.
April 16, 2020 03:01AM
Lol, I'd never seen that message either! It's probably traveled straight to the trash. In wonder what key words I might have used to trigger that?

I was just having a small whinge that is had to have my appendix out over Easter, and what a weird experience that was during lockdown grinning smiley
April 16, 2020 04:30AM
...oh my goodness Jenna - fancy that happening in the middle of lockdown. Hope you are recovering well - in days gone by you'd be bedridden for six months after the op. - now it's probably day surgery...

Look forward to your post emerging out of the moderation department.

Regards,

Barbara Anne
April 16, 2020 04:38AM
Oh, that's not such a 'nice' Easter Bunny present Jenna! sad smiley
Get well soon.
Regards,
Dawn.
April 16, 2020 05:07AM
Get well soon and get the boys to look after you. All the best.
April 16, 2020 06:25AM
Thanks all smiling smiley My menfolk are trying their best, the 14yo is by far the best nurse.

Barbara Anne -- 3 x 1 inch incisions, much less invasive than times gone by. But that said, I was told beforehand that if they found it had burst, or was close to bursting, it would need a larger incision which would of course be longer recovery. Thankfully not the case. I was admitted on Friday, had it out Sat afternoon and home on Monday (I think, days are sorta blurring together!).
April 16, 2020 06:55AM
Glad to hear you are well Jenna and being looked after. Take care
April 16, 2020 11:00AM
Jenna, I think we are all in a 'what day is it? blur... Wow that was nasty - glad that peritonitis (burst appendix) was not involved.

Did you know, and I'm sorry if I have posted this before, that the appendix is an organ that was required when we ate more roughage. Since our diet has become more refined, there is less need for it to process what we eat, to the point where babies being born now may not have one. It's much like the Kiwi losing its tail...

Aside from all that, I am glad that your boys are looking after you.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Regards,

Barbara Anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2020 11:01AM by Barbara Anne.
J1
April 16, 2020 11:05AM
Yes, best wishes for happy health Jenna. That's the scary thing about lockdowns - WHAT ELSE is going to happen at the same time.....

I don't know whether this would work with the post moderation message you got but sometimes when I've typed something long (always seems to happen then doesn't it) and Foodlovers throws a hissy fit and refuses to post it, well, after I've recoiled in horror at all the typing I've just lost, I click on the "back" arrow (you know the three arrows the internet has - back, forwards and reload) and it usually magically takes me back to all my typing in its pre-post attempt state. Yay!!!! There it is!!!!! Whew!!!! So that's always worth a try. The other thing I've learnt is, whenever I'm typing any message I really don't want to lose, I make myself type it up in a Word doc first and then copy it to Foodlovers.
April 17, 2020 01:49AM
Hmm I don't know what post moderation means either. I haven't seen it but will find out.

Jenna hope you are feeling better.
We had a minor scare over Easter as Ed became quickly unwell, thankfully as he hadn't been out anywhere and had eaten the same as the rest of us, it pointed to something within him. Seems he has diverticulitis which has required two different antibiotic groups to get on top of and a "be kind to your body" bland diet for a while.
April 17, 2020 06:46AM
Ouch, diverticulitis is not pleasant, from what I've been told. Glad it was a quick diagnosis and that he's feeling better soon.
April 19, 2020 01:47AM
Get well soon, Jenna. Appendicitis is a worry at any time but at Easter and mid the virus crisis...you do neeed to plan these things at a better timegrinning smiley

Diverticulitis is another of those "ïtiss" that are not pleasant at all. First time I experienced it the noro virus was around and a locum suggested it could be that. An understandable misdiagnosis.' We were When my GP returned he said....ah, I think it could be diverticulitis. He was right. I now know I should avoid too many strawberries, tomatoes, kiwi fruit, feijoas, fruits with seeds plus nuts. Some of us never learn, especially when those luscious strawberries are in full season. I am glad his diagnosis was fast.
April 22, 2020 06:21AM
Sorry to hear about your emergency surgery, Jenna. That must have been really scary in the middle of all this. And glad to hear Ed is on the mend - diverticulitis is nasty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.