Foodlovers Foodtalk Forum

Lisa & Denheath

Posted by Lorna 
Lisa & Denheath
June 06, 2020 01:32AM
There's an artical in Stuff dated yesterday about Lisa and Denheath. Not very good news, I'm sorry to say. Maybe we can do our bit by promoting the company and Lisa & Donald at every opportunity, i.e. asking for a Denheath custard square when we go for our cups of coffee in local cafes. For newer members who don't know, Lisa is a long-time member of Foodlovers, going right back to when her kiddly-winks were just twinkle in their eyes!

Here's a link to the article:
[www.stuff.co.nz]

and a link to Denheath where you can read all about Lisa, Donald & family and the company.
[www.denheath.co.nz]

Lisa, if you're reading this, we wish you all the best and hope that the company can keep afloat and that you're back to full business in the very near future.
Warmest Regards
Lorna
Re: Lisa & Denheath
June 07, 2020 03:20AM
Oh no, that is sad to hear.

I don't want to get into the political discussions but I am astounded to hear people say things such as "Oh things are fine, business will pick up". On closer reflection, none of those people have ever run a busines or been involved in one.

A local cafe owner said "It was close. One more week and that would have been the end for us". As soon as were allowed to go and order as takeaway coffee and something small to eat, we did so. I imagine there are many more who are/were in the same boat.

Good luck Lisa and Denheaths.
June 07, 2020 09:19AM
Lisa,

I hope things bounce back real soon. You have such an amazing product. I most definitely will buy one when I see one.

Zee xx
June 08, 2020 04:47AM
Oh gosh, I am sure things will be tough going.
I ordered some to be sent to mum and dad a while ago and will pop a promo in this week's newsletter.
June 17, 2020 01:35AM
Oh I love Denheath custard squares & always get one when I see them & bring one home for hubby. We wish you all the best Lisa & hope things have started to pick up now.
We have a poultry farm near us who supply the local cafes & restaurants with their eggs & as they couldn’t take them they put it out in our local community that we could buy them straight from them so for a whole month each week we received a tray of 30 eggs fresh that morning. We were sad when we couldn’t get any more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2020 01:35AM by Lyn V.
June 29, 2020 03:24PM
Our NW in Orewa sells Denheaths custard squares again & I couldn’t resist them so deliciously yummy.
June 29, 2020 10:19PM
Hey, that's great, Lyn V, I just had a look at our local NW Online Shopping website and they have them listed. I'm guessing they're only available on certain days of the week due to delivery constraints, but I shall ask at the bakery and maybe I can ask them to order me some. Being quite 'remote' here in Whitianga, they may not always order them on the 'off-chance' that someone will buy them.
June 30, 2020 02:06AM
Lorna -- our supermarkets stock Denheath in the frozen section by the frozen fruit pies and such. Perhaps check there?
July 01, 2020 12:54AM
Thank you Jenna. I'll have a look there first as that section comes before the bakery in our branch. If no luck there, I'll have a chat to my friendly freezer filling fella! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Copyright Foodlovers. All rights reserved.